RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

wjca

Jan 4, 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1153 views)
Shortcut

Question for all you posting experts.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know how to use the "Img", "Quote" and "URL" functions that appear right above where I am typing this, but what are the other buttons? (i.e. "Code", "List" and "List=")

Also, how do I link a word(s) to a website rather than copy and paste the entire site address using the "URL" tags?

Also, what is the "Close Tags" button for?

Also, why do men have nipples?

Partner macherry

Jan 5, 2006, 2:07 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1153 views)
Shortcut

macherry moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry moved this thread from Community to Suggestions, Questions & Feedback..

keeper

Jan 5, 2006, 2:38 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1153 views)
Shortcut

Re: Question for all you posting experts. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I may be a newb to rc.com but I've been on other phpBB sites for a while now so I'll try and answer as many of your questions as I can. If I'm wrong, flame on...

In reply to:
I know how to use the "Img", "Quote" and "URL" functions that appear right above where I am typing this, but what are the other buttons? (i.e. "Code", "List" and "List=")

The 'code' button is commonly used on the IT geek boards to post samples of code without the browser trying to render it. It just preserves the format the poster intended instead of spewing out garbage. Unless you are posting PHP code, you probably won't need it.

The 'list' button creates a standard list of items with very little formatting. For example:

List item 1

List item 2

List item 3

I've never used it.

The 'List=' button is supposed to create a numbered or 'ordered' list but it doesn't seem to work for me. Not sure why but it probably has something to do with my jacked up browser.

In reply to:
Also, how do I link a word(s) to a website rather than copy and paste the entire site address using the "URL" tags?

To add a URL with text in place of the actual link text, click the 'URL' button which will drop a url tag 'http://

and display like this... Yahoo

In reply to:
Also, what is the "Close Tags" button for?

The URL example should answer this. For a further example, if you hit the 'quote' button, the editor adds the '[qoute]' tag. You can then insert any text you want then hit the 'Close quotes' which adds the trailing ''. The same is true with any tag.

*Note that with all the buttons, examples show up in the "Tip" line just below the 'font colour' line for each button.

In reply to:

How else would we know when we are happy or cold?

akclimber

Jan 5, 2006, 3:29 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

In reply to:

How else would we know when we are happy or cold?

Haha, its a title of a book. Its because nipples are formed in the womb before it is decided whether they will be male or female.

Partner cliffhanger9

Jan 5, 2006, 3:49 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Please review the FAQ section under the HELP menu at the top of every page on the site:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...faq/answer.php?q=103

keeper, BBCode is processed serverside and has nothing to do with your browser. It actually does work when used correctly - review the proper usage in the link above.

Hope this helps

PS - some of the tags require an opening tag and a closing tag to indicate the begining and end of the area to be formatted. The close Tags button (as noted whilst hovering over it) closes any open tags to minimize any formatting errors

Code
<- start bolded text with this tag - end bolded text with this tag ->

FYI - the above is an example of the code tag

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook