Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New Problems
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jgailor

Jan 9, 2006, 9:13 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1415 views)
Shortcut

New Problems  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Francisco_Bay: Glen_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm starting to develop a few new problems in Glen Canyon, mostly VO & V1 bouldering problems on rocks that look like they haven't been touched. I'll be posting detailed pics & beta on each route here as I get them marked off.

P.S. - Watch out for the snails.

Partner thespider

Aug 9, 2006, 7:28 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1415 views)
Shortcut

Re: New Problems [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anything been done about those new routes? I checked out all the rocks today, or so I think, and it looks like most of the highball boludering is overgrown with weeds. A lot of good bouldering throughout the beginning of the park (entering from Bosworth Street and going to the right of the creek). The first outcrop of rocks I did not touch, but the second has a cool overhang route right up the middle. I did the right side traverse to a top out because I had no spotters or pads. The second outcrop, in the center of the path, I think is the best out of the entire park right now. There are a few that run parallel to the path, but they seem to be very small, although could be good, they are overgrown. As is the last outcrop on the far left I saw. It looked like the highest of all the boulders, but was hard to get to and very weeded. There could be some work done to them to get them more available to climb, but I think what is there now is great.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook