Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Arrow Canyon
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mtengaio

Jan 4, 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2164 views)
Shortcut

Arrow Canyon  (North_America: United_States: Nevada: Southern_Nevada: Arrow_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What kind of rock is in Arrow Canyon, limestone?

socalbolter

Jan 5, 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2162 views)
Shortcut

Re: Arrow Canyon [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yes

gtb

Jan 8, 2006, 4:16 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I heard there were access issues at the Arrow. Anyone knows about that?

vagabulla

Jan 9, 2006, 9:04 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, just got off the phone with James Sipple at the BLM's Las Vegas field office. It appears that the dirt road leading back to Arrow crosses Thomas Brady's property. Mr. Brady has never had a problem with the few parties of visitors on the weekends, but yes, the article in the News-Journal has spawned a new wave of "outdoor enthusiasts". The BLM is working WITH Mr. Brady to come to a solution. 1-post signs that you are crossing private property and need to stay on the trail for X ft. 2-The BLM would like to purchase the land in question to secure future access permanently. I am going to talk to Mr. Brady this week and find out what climbers should do when wanting to gain access to Arrow. James Sipple stated that Arrow Canyon is not closed, and will not be, it is public land. Another point that James wanted to stress to us all is this, Arrow Canyon has been designated a Wilderness, this means no motor vehicles or equipment allowed. This means no traffic is allowed past the wash with the BLM Signposts, he even stated that he WOULD like us to park at the signs and walk the remainder of the distance. Not a big deal considering the terrain here and some of the other approaches we've all done in the past. The wilderness designation also means no more bolting with power drills, and we all knew that one was coming. I would suggest that any climber, hiker, and the like should contact Mr. Brady when you plan to head back to Arrow. He is a sociable, understanding man and it's the least we can do to maintain good relations. Again Arrow Canyon is not closed.

Jonathan Groppenbacher

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook