Forums: Climbing Information: Trip Reports:
To fun to describe (Summersville Pontoon Trip 8/10-11)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

slcliffdiver

Aug 15, 2002, 3:11 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1895 views)
Shortcut

To fun to describe (Summersville Pontoon Trip 8/10-11)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I started writting a couple of times about what we did but nothing I tried to write captures the spirit for me. I also tried writting about the people I went with but my words are to flat. For the people I'll just say I'm very glad they were who they were. They all added to the experience for me in different ways and I'm grateful that each of them came and brought there own spirit it really was a great mix. Not to mention feeding me and helping me out in otherways thanks Mike (number7), Jen (Mikes GF), Mark (phillymac), Tripper (Mikes friend).

What can I say about bouldering over the water and falling in. Low on steep rocks it's totally freeing, no worrying about a landing as with bouldering but free of everything else like bouldering. Pure movement and rock like with no other climbing I've had. Climbing high over the water is something unto it's own also I can't quite put the feeling in words yet.

The climbs though wonderful and varied like the NRG/Summersville in general are all immaterial to me the nature of the experience out weighs everything. I've done this before though Mark (phillymac) opened my eyes to some things and helped make this a much more varied and fuller experience for me (thanks dude).

I'm hoping some better words will come to me to help share this experience. I'm hoping to get and post some photos soon so maybe that will help.

The closest analogy I've come to is really good sex. I can't imagine most people not finding it at least somewhat awesome. It was really an odd experience for me to invite people and have less than 30% of the peoples eyes light up with the possibility.

So far 3 of the people that have done this with me for the first time have said something to the effect that this is the most fun type of climbing they've ever done. May the revolution beggin;-) Almost everybody has loved it in general.

I had to write this incomplete as it is. It was just too cool not to put something down. I'll try and do better as it comes to me.

Blessings and fun

David

climbinganne

Aug 15, 2002, 3:18 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1895 views)
Shortcut

To fun to describe (Summersville Pontoon Trip 8/10-11) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sounds like you all had a blast...i wanted to join you but i had the kiddies on the last adventure...and well...water and climbing and kiddies don't mix...thanks for the trip report!!!

slcliffdiver

Aug 18, 2002, 6:53 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry you couldn't join. I got the pics back some are pretty cool though maybe not great composition. I'm going to see if I can get them scanned in and submitted today.

There's definitely going to be another trip or 2 next year.

Peace

David

Partner missedyno

Aug 27, 2002, 12:42 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i wanted to go, but i'm not the strongest swimmer....

too nerdy to climb in a life jacket?

*pushes up her glasses*

Partner dondiego

Aug 27, 2002, 1:04 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nerdy...Fawkes...Nerdy...Fawkes...is this post about synonyms?

-D D-

slcliffdiver

Aug 27, 2002, 9:51 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Fawkes, too nerdy to wear a vest? I'm missing something (nothing new).
You have all winter to learn to swim better for next years trip(s) (it's worth it). Mostly it's not swim intensive. We hang on to floaty cousions or life vest instead of treading water to save energy for the climbing. I'm planning on doing a couple of trips next year it's just too fun.

I'm too nerdy to post the pics. I can't get my scanner to talk with my computer and I'm computer geeky enough to keep on trying and get it to work myself but not smart enough to get it to work so far:( I can't make myselfy give up and pay to have it done, though I may be able to get a friend to do it tomorrow.

Peace

David

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook