RSS FeedRSS Feeds for World Climbing News

Premier Sponsor:

Partner j_ung

Feb 8, 2006, 7:22 PM
Post #1 of 6 (6721 views)
Shortcut

Press Release: SCARPA + Mariacher
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A friend of a friend sent me a press release that I thought might hold some interest for SCARPA fans...

In reply to:
SCARPA names Heinz Mariacher as new productmanager overseeing its technical climbing line

With addition of highly regarded designer, SCARPA will greatly expand its commitment to the climbing arena.

ASOLO, Italy (January 26, 2006) – Recruiting one of the top names in climbing-footwear design to oversee its technical climbing program, SCARPA, the worldwide leader in performance shoes and boots for mountain sports, has hired Heinz Mariacher as its climbing line manager, effective immediately.

Mariacher, widely regarded in the climbing business thanks to 20 years spent developing many highly successful climbing shoe and boot lines, will oversee SCARPA’s climbing line, starting with new SCARPA products for spring and summer 2007.

In naming Mariacher to the post, SCARPA CEO Sandro Parisotto said: “With Heinz’s appointment, SCARPA’s goal is to increase its commitment to the climbing market. Climbing footwear is an integral part of our DNA, and that’s why we feel it’s necessary to concentrate greater attention and resources there.”

Parisotto added that SCARPA is extremely enthusiastic about having Mariacher lead its climbing research and design team.

“Heinz doesn’t need any introduction in the climbing world: His 20-year experience in research and development of climbing shoes and boots, his intimate knowledge of the sport and, above all, his love of the mountains clearly emphasize his value and confirm our choice,” Parisotto said.

Mariacher has already begun working with the SCARPA climbing research and design team on the spring-summer 2007 collection.

“After starting work with SCARPA, I was amazed by the ability and speed of the work group assigned to me,” Mariacher said. “I found a very professional approach at SCARPA as well as a true love and passion for making the best climbing footwear in the world – all factors that, together with my desire to take a new road in a different environment and with new companions, have contributed to a major change for me.

“In a market that is more and more saturated, the real challenge is to go further than the look – the aesthetic appearance,” he said. “The challenge is to create shoes with a soul that distinguishes them for quality, performance and comfort. Climbing is evolving; it’s becoming more athletic and demanding. To overcome new, exciting limits, the shoe is by far the most important piece of equipment. For me it’s an enormous satisfaction to be able to contribute to the research and development process that I believe will make its mark in this sport in the future.”

overlord

Feb 10, 2006, 8:26 AM
Post #2 of 6 (6721 views)
Shortcut

Re: Press Release: SCARPA + Mariacher [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nice. maybe ill stop disliking scarpa so much....

haraldswen

Feb 13, 2006, 9:53 PM
Post #3 of 6 (6721 views)
Shortcut

La Sportiva... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, as Mr Mariacher is founder of La Sportiva this can only mean that Scarpa will start making even better shoes. OK, the climbing shoes are not as good as La Sportiva's (well, on my feet anyway), but the boots (both climbing and skiing) are the deal.

brin_long

Feb 21, 2006, 7:25 PM
Post #4 of 6 (6721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Where( geographically ) does SCARPA originate from.

scuclimber

Feb 24, 2006, 6:58 AM
Post #5 of 6 (6721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Where( geographically ) does SCARPA originate from.

Italy

brin_long

Feb 24, 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #6 of 6 (6721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ofcourse, it makes sense

Forums : Archive : World Climbing News

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook