RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

stuck

Feb 26, 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2460 views)
Shortcut

Clean Rigging Pics
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I hate messy lines with twists, extra hardware, and knots. I like walking a clean line with as few pieces of webbing as possible. Unfortunately I lack the intelligence or patience to rig such a line.

I've seen pictures of Metoliusshawn's lines and they are simple and beautiful. Could the experts please post up some pics of their anchor systems so I could get a better sense of how it comes together?

Thanks

Partner coldclimb

Feb 27, 2006, 6:50 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2460 views)
Shortcut

Re: Clean Rigging Pics [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Shawn's ethos is that climbing gear is not good enough, as he has broken a lot of it while rigging highlines. He uses rigging gear, span-sets and shackles and such, and takes care in assuring the line is flat and the setup simple. It helps to be sure the bolts are set just at the right place for a static span-set can be simply clipped from each bolt to the power point, which is a massive shackle in my case, or in Shawn's case, two. Here's a shot or two with the end in view, I don't really have any close-ups. Ask any questions you might have, and I'll answer as best as I can. Maybe someone else has managed to get a close-up of a clean setup and can help you a little more.

If I recall correctly, this situation wasn't ideal. You can see the power point goes to a small shackle (I think there were actually two, one attaching directly to the backup hand-tight line underneath) and that shackle attaches to the main large shackle, which ties off the main line and a rope underneath, a preference to prevent the line from vibrating in the wind. The ends of the span sets out of view are simply clipped directly to the bolts with steel biners (ask Shawn about his reason why). The line going off sideways is keeping that shackle rotated correctly so there is no twist in the line.
http://morffed.com/climb/temp/moab26.jpg

In this end, the piece just out of view is a large tricam equalized into the system with static rope. You can't see as much here, but the power point is a large shackle, and the span-sets are just the right length to equalize properly, so it's simple and clean. I think the extra webbing lying there was also going to the tricam.
http://morffed.com/climb/temp/moab22.jpg

You might also post up on www.slackline.com, I'm sure a couple guys there will be able to help you out a lot more than I can. Everyone loves a simple, clean setup. ;)

gymslackerclimber

Mar 4, 2006, 7:56 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2460 views)
Shortcut

Re: Clean Rigging Pics [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Everyone loves a simple, clean setup. ;)

Amen to that.. !

:robert:

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook