Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Homestead Season! Arizona
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jbone

Aug 19, 2002, 7:46 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1387 views)
Shortcut

Homestead Season! Arizona  (North_America: United_States: Arizona: Central: Homestead)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would like to be the first to announce the opening of the Season at the Homestead this year. This one is special because it will be the 5th Climbing Season since Route Development begun late in 1998.

Our season Typically runs from the 2nd week of September through the 1st week in June. Although the majority of the climbing there only recieves morning sun. The Dropping temps allow for a nice camping experience.

I for one Plan on opening the season the right way by camping out that weekend at the Homestead. I would like to welcome anyone who would be willing to do some Serious Limestone Sport Climbing to join me. There are over 90 routes out there now so it's time to start tickin them down before they become unmanagable... He he he..

2nd Weekend of September, that's the 8th and the 9th to be specific.

A full topo that can be downloaded and printed is available at

http://www.arizonabouldering.com

There are directions and beta but if you need to know anything specific let me know here I will get back to ya..

Hope to see ya there....

J-Bone

P.S. Maybe I can talk the Legendary John "The Gambler" Rosholt into being there to show you his many classic lines. hahaha..

[ This Message was edited by: jbone on 2002-08-19 19:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jbone on 2002-09-08 09:25 ]

jbone

Sep 8, 2002, 12:22 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1387 views)
Shortcut

Homestead Season! Arizona [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bump this to the next weekend if your maybe thinkin you could go.. This Late Monsoon should be over and temps will be dropping...

Check out the Rage....

Liberator of Stone
JBone

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook