Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Planet Granite Sunnyvale preview open house 3/25 12-6
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tonypurmal

Mar 20, 2006, 3:55 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1282 views)
Shortcut

Planet Granite Sunnyvale preview open house 3/25 12-6  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Francisco_Bay: Planet_Granite)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm a member of Planet Granite, not an employee.

They're holding a preview this Saturday 3/25 from 12 to 6. The website and their flyers say the gym is set to open by June. If you want to see pictures of it you can view them at:

http://robertbreyer.smugmug.com/gallery/903938

The web flyer for the event (with address information and a linke to a MapQuest map is at:

http://www.planetgranite.com/openhouse.htm

asitr

Mar 26, 2006, 1:08 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1282 views)
Shortcut

Re: Planet Granite Sunnyvale preview open house 3/25 12-6 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I went at checked it out, it seems quite impressive. The overhangs and crag walls are pretty cool

tonypurmal

Mar 27, 2006, 7:40 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1282 views)
Shortcut

Re: Planet Granite Sunnyvale preview open house 3/25 12-6 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I visited the gym as well and thought it was even more impressive in person than in the pictures. The crack wall looks great, it's about 20 to 30 feet wide and seems to have about a dozen or more cracks of various sizes. There's a great overhanging point going to the top which looks like it will be a wonderful lead. Outside in the back was a great three wall corner that lead up to a chimney. I can't wait climb there.

It seemed like there wasn't as much bouldering as I expected there to be. They do have a couple of large structures for bouldering outside as well as the bouldering indoors, but it might get crowded in cold or rainy weather.

I'm definitely looking forward to finally having a great gym close to home. I think this will bring all of the folks who started climbing at Belmont back down to the south bay.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$13.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook