Premier Sponsor:

sul-pont
Deleted

Mar 25, 2006, 2:36 PM
Post #1 of 2 (763 views)
Shortcut

Increasing active range of motion
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am trying to increase my active range of motion in the lower body (hamstrings, hip flexors, groin, etc.). After some impressive initial gains I feel like I've stagnated in the past few weeks. From what I've been told this is far from unusual but I feel like I need to mix things up a little for faster gains.

What I'd like to know is how others have gone about achieving gains in active range of motion in terms of workout specifics and frequency.

I've been working ARM 3 days a week on rest days with a combination of slow, steady stretches and contract, hold, relax, stretch sequences (mostly taken from Performance Rock Climbing).

chrisparedes

Mar 25, 2006, 4:47 PM
Post #2 of 2 (763 views)
Shortcut

Re: Increasing active range of motion [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Start practicing Yoga! The poses will not only increase your flexibility greatly, but also increase your core strength and balance. I recommend getting a well illustrated book with strait forward directions; none of that spiritual hokey crap is really necessary (I highly recommend "Real Men do Yoga," you can find it on Amazon). Once you learn the In's and outs of how to correctly perform the poses and master your breathing, you will be able to pick up the pace and turn it into a full on yoga work out which can be pretty intense. Good luck.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook