RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

rockrat_co

Mar 26, 2006, 1:24 AM
Post #1 of 2 (721 views)
Shortcut

Wrist Dislocation
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey,

Im not sure anyone here will really have any advice for me, but I thought I'd ask. I crashed hard on my mountainboard last summer going about twenty-five down a steep paved hill. I landed on my helmet and then on my shoulder, followed by my wrist. I have noticed ever since that my right wrist extends forward causing pain and seeming to come out of joint. When I hang from it, the pain is nearly unbearable and if I twist alittle it pops "in" again. I was wondering if anyone knows of any therapy to prevent this from happening, taping methods, anything to help. I will not quit climbing because of this, but I'm really hopping to find something that may help it...

Thank You,

Ryan

aimeerose

Mar 26, 2006, 1:30 AM
Post #2 of 2 (721 views)
Shortcut

Re: Wrist Dislocation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Please go see a Certified Hand Therapist. You can find one in your area on this website: http://www.htcc.org/locate/index.cfm

These are the premier experts in hand/wrist issues. They have to pass a rigorous test to become a CHT. They will tell you what you need to do to make it better (which may include not climbing for a brief amount of time, but really is a couple months that long in the scheme of your entire climbing lifetime?)

Good luck.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook