Forums: Community: Campground:
Klownjaya's sulking thread....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Apr 4, 2006, 4:47 PM
Post #26 of 97182 (25401 views)
Shortcut

Re: You might be a "brent_e". [In reply to]
Report this Post

In reply to:
:lol:

well, to be honest, i've been working on my posting speed of the last couple months. I figure that if i use mozilla and keep a couple tabs open, i can refresh one with "my topics" and post up quick replies there while i browse the frontpage or other articles with another tab.

and it's easy to the do the "crazy nate" thing....just hover on "url" and it will give you the beta.

and yes, my kung fu is leagues ahead of yours.

8^)

Brent

I figured out the link part already. I just don't think I want to commit the time to be as good at posting.

Your style of Kung Fu is admirable, but is not the Kung Fu to end all others.

deserteaglle

Apr 4, 2006, 5:37 PM
Post #27 of 97182 (25401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

You might be a Brent_e if you're a damn canada who's secretly in love with a Texan cowboy who will NEVER love you back.

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2006, 5:55 PM
Post #28 of 97182 (25401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

well, to be honest, i've been working on my posting speed of the last couple months. I figure that if i use mozilla and keep a couple tabs open, i can refresh one with "my topics" and post up quick replies there while i browse the frontpage or other articles with another tab.

and it's easy to the do the "crazy nate" thing....just hover on "url" and it will give you the beta.

and yes, my kung fu is leagues ahead of yours.

8^)

Brent

I figured out the link part already. I just don't think I want to commit the time to be as good at posting.

Your style of Kung Fu is admirable, but is not the Kung Fu to end all others.

i think the chuck norris kung fu posting style is reserved for j_ung, curt, overlord, wideguy, et al.

I don't have a chance against those chumps.

i was happy when I leard the link thinger....i always wanted to do that... it was a life goal i've achieved.

Brent

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2006, 5:58 PM
Post #29 of 97182 (25401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
You might be a Brent_e if you're a damn canada who's secretly in love with a Texan cowboy who will NEVER love you back.

tgreene seems to reciprocate.

If you're implying you as the cowboy, I think you are flattering yourself the nth degree. You're no cowboy! You're like a.... vealtoddler.

Brent

caughtinside

Apr 4, 2006, 6:01 PM
Post #30 of 97182 (25401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Geez, will you guys have a blessed day already?

:P

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2006, 6:07 PM
Post #31 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Geez, will you guys have a blessed day already?

:P

caughtinside, i'll tell the story of that quote.

so, it's february and cold ass outside. It's about 5:30 and I arrive at chossmonkey and granite_grrl's appartment, ready to launch to the daks. Thinking ahead of my writing, this story sucks. But, we're packing the car cuz someone was late (i shouldn't talk! lol), and this woman walks by, looks at me, and says "have a blessed day" and keeps walking.

Nate and I adopted the saying and it found it's way into my sig when chossmonger quoted it.

yup, story sucked.

well

..... *shrug* :roll:

Brent

kachoong

Apr 4, 2006, 6:27 PM
Post #32 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

What the heck is this thread about? Canadians who employ ....Kung fu ....with lop-sided nuts ....to get a bit'a lovin' from Texans..... hmmmm :P

You're an inventor, right Brent? What does the "e" stand for anyway?

caughtinside

Apr 4, 2006, 6:42 PM
Post #33 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

It's kinda funny. Did she say "blest" or "bless-ed" ??

chossmonkey

Apr 4, 2006, 8:31 PM
Post #34 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

She said "Have a blessed day.".

Brent was just like, :wtf:?

I don't think he quite picked up on what she was saying at first. It came sorta out of no where.

I was worried she was Jehovah's Witness or something. We almost had the car packed ready to go climb some ice in the Dacks, the last thing we needed was this woman trying to witness to us.

It had been a bad year for ice and we were chomping at the bit to get going. Lucky for her she just kept on walking. Blessing my day as she went by. Brent was reaching for his ice tool and I think he was going to plant it right between her eyes if she would have stopped and held us up.

I proceeded to the car with the last of the stuff and told Brent "Have a blessed day." We jumped in the car, Granite_Grrl looking at us like we are from another planet and we drove off into the night.

And we did have a blessed day, well kinda, more of a weekend than a day. We froze our asses off in the Dacks. Poor Brent froze his toes. But we got in a lot of good climbing. Being the team player I am, I'll surely trade Brent's frozen toes for some good ice. :lol:

chossmonkey

Apr 4, 2006, 9:00 PM
Post #35 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
What the heck is this thread about? Canadians who employ ....Kung fu ....with lop-sided nuts ....to get a bit'a lovin' from Texans..... hmmmm :P

Excuse me!

I'm not Canadian.

At least not yet. :tinfoilhat:

The thread started out as a flame on Brent. Though it has kinda moved away from the original topic because no one except for D.E. wants to play.

I will admit D.E.'s post was a little disturbing.

If anyone wants to get this thread back on track go right ahead.

If you ___________, you might be a brent_e.

Oh, and the "e" is the first letter of his last name.

chossmonkey

Apr 4, 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #36 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

If half the posts in the "Buyer/ Seller Feedback" forum are by you, you might be brent_e.

Partner brent_e

Apr 5, 2006, 1:22 AM
Post #37 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

einstein.

and i'm more of a mad scientist, than inventor.
or scatter brained entrepreneur.

and a bad speller.

Brent

Partner brent_e

Apr 5, 2006, 1:24 AM
Post #38 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Being the team player I am, I'll surely trade Brent's frozen toes for some good ice. :lol:

i almost did!. Man, would that have been the start of a bad day.

anyway, I wasn't going to plant the ice axe in her, maybe steinpull on her left nostril and heal hook her left ear, but she wouldn't have been much worse for wear.

Brent

Partner brent_e

Apr 5, 2006, 1:26 AM
Post #39 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
If half the posts in the "Buyer/ Seller Feedback" forum are by you, you might be brent_e.

guilty.

i may have just bought a couple purple TCU's.

they're cute, don't you think. and one is new!!! woot!!! it'll stay that way for a while, i'm sure.

but, the dilemna...actually, never mind, i bought 2, so i don't have an odd number of cams.

Brent

granite_grrl

Apr 5, 2006, 1:43 AM
Post #40 of 97182 (25368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
And we did have a blessed day, well kinda, more of a weekend than a day.

Blessed for who! I was told I was going to have to go back to work in Canada that afternoon, and then I dented the front panel of my car from slidding into the guard rail the next morning (while you were harping at me to pull over so you could have a better look at the ice next to the road).

Fun weekend, sure. Blessed.....not bloody likely!

Partner brent_e

Apr 5, 2006, 1:56 AM
Post #41 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Blessed for who! I was told I was going to have to go back to work in Canada that afternoon, and then I dented the front panel of my car from slidding into the guard rail the next morning (while you were harping at me to pull over so you could have a better look at the ice next to the road).

everyone please leave the thread........:shock:

Brent

chossmonkey

Apr 5, 2006, 9:59 AM
Post #42 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

:drama:

Yeah and you like what you are doing now better than what you were doing before.

And I wasn't harping at you to pull over. I was harping at you to SLOW down before you pulled over.

Sheese, never let a woman drive! :lol:

Maybe I'm just a positive thinker. :lol: But all in all that was a pretty good weekend, things could have been far worse.

You forgot about work. The damage done to your car was quite minor. And in the end Brent's toes are probably okay.

Not to mention, Brent got his first free screw. :shock: :lol: An I got to buy my first pair of $80 mittens!

Partner brent_e

Apr 5, 2006, 5:39 PM
Post #43 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Yeah and you like what you are doing now better than what you were doing before.

And I wasn't harping at you to pull over. I was harping at you to SLOW down before you pulled over.

Maybe I'm just a positive thinker. :lol: But all in all that was a pretty good weekend, things could have been far worse.

You forgot about work. The damage done to your car was quite minor. And in the end Brent's toes are probably okay.

Not to mention, Brent got his first free screw. :shock: :lol: An I got to buy my first pair of $80 mittens!

it was a good weekend. it was cold and stuff, but "it doesn't have to be fun to be fun!" And my toes have recovered!!! only took about a month or so.

and yeah, it was a great free screw. a little cold and short, but none the less, awesome.

Brent

granite_grrl

Apr 5, 2006, 6:07 PM
Post #44 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Ouch...I did say it was a good weekend, I just thought that "blessed" might be going a little far :P

darkside

Apr 6, 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #45 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I don't think he quite picked up on what she was saying at first. It came sorta out of no where.

I was worried she was Jehovah's Witness or something. We almost had the car packed ready to go climb some ice in the Dacks, the last thing we needed was this woman trying to witness to us.

It had been a bad year for ice and we were chomping at the bit to get going. Lucky for her she just kept on walking. Blessing my day as she went by. Brent was reaching for his ice tool and I think he was going to plant it right between her eyes if she would have stopped and held us up.

I proceeded to the car with the last of the stuff and told Brent "Have a blessed day." We jumped in the car, Granite_Grrl looking at us like we are from another planet and we drove off into the night.

And we did have a blessed day, well kinda, more of a weekend than a day. We froze our asses off in the Dacks. Poor Brent froze his toes. But we got in a lot of good climbing. Being the team player I am, I'll surely trade Brent's frozen toes for some good ice. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys just made my morning. Was that in St.Kitts that you nearly got witnessed or in the Buff Zone?
As for the good ice, it's still here in the Rockies. I may go for a quick solo in K-Country tomorrow before work. The weekend should be great weather for rock but ..... ahh, think I'll head up the icefields parkway for more ice.

I'll give you guys a heads up, I want to head back to Ontario for Christmas this year with the ulterior motive being a trip to the Daks. I'll introduce you to the Bivvy if you're still around those parts. On the other hand, if you head out to Calgary before then, you'll be on ice a lot sooner :wink:

Anyway I'm done raising the CanCon for now so "Have a blessed day".

chossmonkey

Apr 6, 2006, 7:54 PM
Post #46 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
You guys just made my morning. Was that in St.Kitts that you nearly got witnessed or in the Buff Zone?
As for the good ice, it's still here in the Rockies. I may go for a quick solo in K-Country tomorrow before work. The weekend should be great weather for rock but ..... ahh, think I'll head up the icefields parkway for more ice.

I'll give you guys a heads up, I want to head back to Ontario for Christmas this year with the ulterior motive being a trip to the Daks. I'll introduce you to the Bivvy if you're still around those parts. On the other hand, if you head out to Calgary before then, you'll be on ice a lot sooner :wink:

Grant, you suck!!! :lol: Climbing ice still, and then telling us about it! Have you no decency?

So what time can you pick me up at the airport? :D I can get my ice gear together pretty quick, and if I leave while the Wife is at work she'll be powerless to stop me! :twisted: Bwahahahahaha!

That little story unfolded at our place here in the Bufferzone. I'm not sure if it is all the chemicals in the air or what, but there are some weird people here. Hopefully we'll be going along our merry way soon. I've heard Alberta is nice. Long winters, big ice. Mmmmmmmm, ice.

It snowed Tues. and Wed. here. Didn't really stick, but it was enough to get my hopes up that we were going to miss summer this year and go straight back to winter. But its warming up again. :cry:

By the way, you were supposed to flame Brent. :roll:

Partner brent_e

Apr 6, 2006, 8:14 PM
Post #47 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Enigma returns. Where you been, Grant?

Brent

darkside

Apr 6, 2006, 8:42 PM
Post #48 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Grant, you suck!!! :lol: Climbing ice still, and then telling us about it! Have you no decency?

So what time can you pick me up at the airport? :D I can get my ice gear together pretty quick, and if I leave while the Wife is at work she'll be powerless to stop me! :twisted: Bwahahahahaha!
Nope, not a decent bone in the rack. Just a few lonely nuts. :boring:
As for the airport, I live 10-15 mins from Calgary's arrival curb. Call me. I actually have a guy in NZ waiting standby for a flight. Maybe I can make it a double pickup. :)

In reply to:
You might be a Brent_e if you knew Darkside had been playing on the coldside all winter. :P

Oh hey Brent, there you are :righton:

Partner brent_e

Apr 6, 2006, 9:07 PM
Post #49 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Nope, not a decent bone in the rack. Just a few lonely nuts. :boring:
As for the airport, I live 10-15 mins from Calgary's arrival curb. Call me. I actually have a guy in NZ waiting standby for a flight. Maybe I can make it a double pickup. :)

In reply to:
You might be a Brent_e if you knew Darkside had been playing on the coldside all winter. :P

Oh hey Brent, there you are :righton:

got any pictures of the parkway, Grant?

and I met some kid named Kevin, whose father is apparently "archer" on here. He says he knows you. You know anything about him???

Brent

chossmonkey

Apr 7, 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #50 of 97182 (25262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hmmmm?

Brent's been awfully quite today.

Maybe he finally got carpel tunnel from all that typing. I tried to warn him. Poor kid tried getting too many posts too fast and musta blew something out. What a waste! He had potential. :cry:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook