RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing History & Trivia

Premier Sponsor:

pullhard84

Apr 5, 2006, 1:44 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2470 views)
Shortcut

old gear
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Howdy yesterday i found a old pair of abercrombie and Fitch crampons, digging through some stuff. Does anyone know when they were made and/or how much they worth?

Peace

Jeff

brianinslc

Apr 5, 2006, 2:23 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2470 views)
Shortcut

Re: old gear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Howdy yesterday i found a old pair of abercrombie and Fitch crampons, digging through some stuff. Does anyone know when they were made and/or how much they worth?

Any chance you could post up a picture?

A & F where common expeditionary suppliers back in the day. Especially in the 20's to 50's? From wikipedia:

"Founded in 1892, the company was for many decades mainly an elite sporting goods retailer. After many years of success, the company struggled economically from the late 1960s until it was purchased by The Limited in 1988 and revamped as a lifestyle brand."

I know if you read old expedition climbing books from the US, then you'll see them referenced for expedition type gear (clothing and the like). African type safaris too.

Anyhoo, they probably didn't actually make the crampons, but, wouldn't be surprised if they were the US importer and seller of them. Kind of a turn of the century version of REI perhaps.

-Brian in SLC

Forums : Climbing Information : Climbing History & Trivia

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook