RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

whatsarock20

Aug 23, 2002, 4:24 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Solo's!! Fun stuff or Absent minded???
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

I've been exploring my limitations. Been going up like 30 sometimes 40 feet with just one pad under me. Please, someone talk some sense into me!!

Partner jammer

Aug 23, 2002, 4:41 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Solo's!! Fun stuff or Absent minded??? [In reply to]
Report this Post

Sounds like you have a death wish ... watch what happens to a bug on a windshield at 50 mph some time ... you'll get the idea!

pbjosh

Aug 23, 2002, 4:50 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Above a dangerous or death fall is no place to explore your limitations (unless you mean mental). I've soloed some very easy routes or been in the mountains and inadvertantly climbed some mild fifth class (like all under about 5.5 or 5.6). Even though I can reliably climb 10+ trad I wouldn't solo anything of any difficulty whatsoever, just not worth it. Soloing a 4th class route with the odd move of 5.4 or something though is ok with me as I know I could downclimb it, I'll never get pumped, etc - essentially it feels like just more 4th class to me.

josh

sharmagod

Aug 24, 2002, 1:11 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I would never recommend soloing but yet if someone does it than fine.I just hope that you have enough sense to know what you can do and what you can't do.

I read about one guy (can't remember his name) who was a really good climber.He did lots of soloing and at one time did a route that was a suppose to be a warm up for him.It was only a 5.9 route but yet he made a mistake and fell to his death.

Soloing is not something to laugh about as it is a very serious game.Know your limits.

Be careful!!!

Jason

PS-Please check this if you want to reply or read the other responses to this thread.Apparently their were two of these floating around.

[ This Message was edited by: sharmagod on 2002-08-23 18:18 ]

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook