Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
General question - The Beach
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mrfantastic

May 4, 2006, 3:02 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1497 views)
Shortcut

General question - The Beach  (North_America: United_States: California: Central_California_Coast: Wagon_Caves)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

How's the rock/route quality here? Is it climbable and dry in the spring? Would it worth the drive from SLO? Anyone who's climbed at the beach recently wanna share some beta? Thanks.

mrfantastic

Jul 18, 2006, 3:51 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1497 views)
Shortcut

Re: General question - The Beach [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

For those who are curious, I'll answer my own question. I went there in the late spring at it is hot (go in early spring or in the fall), and the rock quality is soft sandstone, with many pockets. Sometimes it's quite chossy and scary. Never made it to the Beach that day, but it looks pretty short, although there looks to be a lot of routes. All the lead climbing bolts have been removed here, so it's TR only now and I'm not sure as the status of the anchors on top. Beware going right after a rain storm because you'll have to drive through 2 rivers/creeks on the road there and the water can get pretty high.

tslater

Mar 15, 2008, 8:34 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1004 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mrfantastic] General question - The Beach [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You gotta make it to the beach to really judge the place. The beach is the best wall and has the most routes. There are anchors on top, but far back. Not sure who put them back in. But thank you. There are three other lead routes out there, but you gotta know where to look. Great place in spring and fall. No go in summer or winter.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook