Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Horseshoe Canyon Ranch - Climbing Partner
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

joeyoo

Jun 4, 2006, 2:35 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1381 views)
Shortcut

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch - Climbing Partner  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Western: Hawksbill: Lower_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just getting in to climbing and live very close to HCR. Problem...I don't have anyone to climb with!

I know the basics as I've been a "ropes course" facilitator for the last couple of years. I'm ready to dive in!

any suggestions?

egonogo

Jun 4, 2006, 2:55 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1381 views)
Shortcut

Re: Horseshoe Canyon Ranch - Climbing Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

good shoes, chalk, and a pad dude. I haven't gotten to ropes yet but I will soon, money has a way of leaving fast.

pendereki

Jun 4, 2006, 3:02 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1381 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My GF and I get over there once or twice a month. PM me, we can hook up. Also, I have run into several 'strays' at HCR, just wandering around lookin' to climb. Seems like they always hook up with someone--I have adopted several myself! Weekends are busy, I like to climb weekdays when possible.

If you head over solo, bring a harness, belay device, etc., park at the kiosk and head straight up the hill behind you to the North Forty, the most popular area. Look all puppy-eyed and someone will take you in!

CM

cybond

Jul 30, 2006, 7:17 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1381 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Any time you need a partner, just PM me. I go up there pretty frequently when I can get off work. I have a complete top-rope setup, as well a sport climbing rig, and I'm just now getting into trad...So basically, whatever you wanna climb, i'll be there. I can hardly ever get anyone to go with me either, so I sympathize with you.

rockscars

Aug 13, 2006, 1:28 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1381 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I try to go as much as I can when I am not working. Always looking for a partner. I have rope and belay devices, and the patience to climb anything from 5.7-5.10. I live in fayetteville and will be heading out there almost every weekend(after it cools off a bit!). Email me at my rockclimbing.com account about 3-5 days before you want to go and I will try to get out of work/obligations to climb! :lol: -~

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook