Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Boise Climbers, New Routes At The Black Cliffs.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

elvislegs

Jun 11, 2006, 2:12 PM
Post #1 of 1 (767 views)
Shortcut

Boise Climbers, New Routes At The Black Cliffs.  (North_America: United_States: Idaho: Boise: Lucky_peak_canyon__black_cliffs_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey boise crack enthusiasts, just posting up to let everyone know about some happening new lines. travis and i have put up three new lines at the fringe over the last couple of weeks.

they are as follows:

come on come on 5.9. starting two columns to the right of the existing sport route, poodle boy, the first line climbs to the right of some poison ivy, good jamming and locking up a column to a slightly off-width roof with good holds over the top to chains.

learning curve 5.10a. about three columns to the right of that. climb up a shallow dihedral to an obvious roof. left through the roof to hand jams and a mantle to chain anchors. pro is tricky and thin, particularly in the lower section, but the climbing there is easy and there are good stances.

finger lockin' good 5.10b (tentative name until travis comes up with something better). start as for learning curve but go right at the roof and find a second roof split by a perfect finger crack. awesome locks and jams to a mantle up to the finish, at which point you will find the anchors at your feet.

all three were done ground up on gear. they are all mostly clean now and all very fun. we trundled the big chunks, so any flake or chockstone that remains is there because a five pound sledge wouldn't move it. i'd love it if they all got some traffic so some of the dirt and bird shit cleans up, and so we can get some feedback on the grades and the quality.

have fun and be safe kiddies.

-sean

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$17.55 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook