RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

tragic_photography

Jul 9, 2006, 9:25 PM
Post #1 of 6 (702 views)
Shortcut

Moving to Albany.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm moving to the Albany area and I was wondering where the closest climbing/bouldering is? I'm really going to miss Montana...If anybody in the Albany area needs a partner around the middle of September though, I'll be open. Peace. ~Stoney

herbaltee

Jul 9, 2006, 9:52 PM
Post #2 of 6 (702 views)
Shortcut

Re: Moving to Albany. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Oregon isn't that flat. I saw your post in Used Gear. We have sport and trad within 3 hours of Albany. I live in Eugene so I would know. While its not the best in the world, its something. Then there is Smith Rock which is some of the best sport climbing in the world.
While living in Albany does kind of suck for pulling plastic you always have Corvallis and Eugene to go to to pull plastic.

Plus with Mt. Hood and Mt Bachelor you got great skiing in the winter and early spring.
Then in the summer and early fall you have the most beautiful weather (sunny and 70-90's from May until Sept.)

Hope you enjoy Oregon. :)

tragic_photography

Jul 9, 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #3 of 6 (702 views)
Shortcut

Re: Moving to Albany. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey Oregon isn't that flat. I saw your post in Used Gear. We have sport and trad within 3 hours of Albany. I live in Eugene so I would know. While its not the best in the world, its something. Then there is Smith Rock which is some of the best sport climbing in the world.
While living in Albany does kind of suck for pulling plastic you always have Corvallis and Eugene to go to to pull plastic.

Plus with Mt. Hood and Mt Bachelor you got great skiing in the winter and early spring.
Then in the summer and early fall you have the most beautiful weather (sunny and 70-90's from May until Sept.)

Hope you enjoy Oregon. :)

I'm not selling gear because I don't think I'll have a need for it, I'm selling because I don't have a need for those particular few peices.

Compared to where I live in Montana, the Albany area is very flat lol. I'm used to hacing rocks a 5 minute walk away so 3 hours to get to places like Smith will be a big change. Thanks for all of the info, I'm glad to know that there is a gym in Corvallis. I can't wait to ski Hood, it'll be a lot of funbit it's a bit different terrain so I'll have to get used to it. I'm not moving there for skiing, that's for sure. Being closer to Smith will deffinetely make my pink tight wearing side come out though. Thanks again! Peace. ~Stoney

mfnmfnmfn

Sep 5, 2012, 1:00 PM
Post #4 of 6 (399 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tragic_photography] Moving to Albany. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm new to this site, but does anyone know where you might find something to boulder on near RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)? Or near TRoy, NY? Thanks!

EdBustamante

Sep 6, 2012, 8:31 AM
Post #5 of 6 (385 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tragic_photography] Moving to Albany. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

from alabany you can shoot up to the aderondacks pook o moonshine is fun
lake george has some climbing rogers rock 800 foot slab climbing or head south to the gunks is about an hour from albany if you choose the gunks I live 10 min from the cliffs and I'm always willing to meet and climb .

sbaclimber

Sep 7, 2012, 6:36 AM
Post #6 of 6 (369 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mfnmfnmfn] Moving to Albany. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The dangers of necroposting....

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Sep 7, 2012, 6:37 AM)
Attachments: albany.JPG (134 KB)

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook