RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

brianscott79

Sep 1, 2002, 1:58 AM
Post #1 of 9 (3956 views)
Shortcut

partner wanted mlps mn
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

I am lloking for a partner to climb with. I climb at VE in st. paul. Top rope 5.9 I recently got back into climbing so I am always willing to learn and be challenged. Get back to here or at rbw79@hotmail.com

fo_d

Sep 1, 2002, 2:38 AM
Post #2 of 9 (3956 views)
Shortcut

partner wanted mlps mn [In reply to]
Report this Post

brianscott79, welcome to Rockclimbing.com, I normally send a welcome PM to new members but I've been slipping latley, myself and a few other members usually meet at Barn Bluff on Sat. and anyone is welcome to come climb with us. Lest night we did some night climbing at Barn bluff and I think next weekend is kinda up in the air, a few of us will be climbing at Barn Bluff Fri. morning and because the adopt a cracg is going on Sat. You can always find out about what we are doing by going to the MN page: http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/listState.php?CountryStateID=79 and looking at the forum topics below the routes database. You can see what we did in Aug here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=12896&forum=27&76
and I'm starting up a new one for Sept now: http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=15333&forum=27&0 some of us also climb at VE Wed nights so you can meet us there to, just post a message and tell us if you want to hook up.

Les

brianscott79

Sep 1, 2002, 2:49 AM
Post #3 of 9 (3956 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I work at night most of the week but if I call in or anything changes i will let you know les thanks. I would love to go to barn bluff but as I just recently moved to the state I dont know where it is. Do you guys meet any where and then caravan down? Also I only have the basic gear: harness, atc, locking beaner, shoes.... please get back to me

Will

fo_d

Sep 1, 2002, 2:59 AM
Post #4 of 9 (3956 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

We have all the gear, come on out with Dann and I Fri morning, we both leave from the airport and I can meet you somewhere and you can follow me or I can give you directions.

Les

twiz

Sep 3, 2002, 2:21 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3956 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

For more information on "Adopt a Crag" go to www.mnclimbing.org. Sat 9/7 is at BarnBluff. Sunday 9/8 on the N.Shore. This might be a good way to meet other climbers in the area, as well as an opportunity to help give back to the climbing community. Its not all about clean up either...there will be plenty of climbing, too!

Another local internet resource (though not super active) is www.climbingcentral.com

duskerhu

Sep 3, 2002, 3:58 PM
Post #6 of 9 (3956 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey Will, welcome to RC.com!

As Les mentioned we climb somewhere every week. This week Les (fo_d), Arthur (pumpkin_man) and I are going down to Barn Bluff in Red Wing Friday morning. I get off work at 6am at the airport and Arthur will be meeting me there. If you want to ride down with us or follow us, let me know (PM=Private Message would be best) and I'll let you know where to meet us.

Red Wing is about an hour south of the Cities so we'll get there about 7ish. Also, this week, the three of us and pelliott and l_j_x will all be at Vertical Endevors Wednesday evening, so come on out if you don't have to work.

If those options don't work for you, pelliott is looking for someone to go with him to Taylors Falls this coming Sunday.

Also, the first weekend in October, I think we'll all be going to Blue Mound State Park in Luvurne (southwest corner of the state) for the weekend.

So, WELCOME! and shoot us a note if you want to join us...

Live Free!
Play Hard!
Climb On!

duskerhu/Dann

brianscott79

Sep 5, 2002, 4:50 AM
Post #7 of 9 (3956 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I wish I could go on fri. but I can't. Let me know and keep me informed as to up comming stuff thanks.

treywittenberg

Sep 3, 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #8 of 9 (2749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brianscott79] partner wanted mlps mn [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hi guys,

I'm 21 and used to climb a lot outdoors in new hampshire when I was about 14 for a couple of camps. I live in minnesota and would absolutely love to come with you guys but i have no gear whatsoever and am a little rusty on everything. i was just thinking today at work though about climbing and totally miss it. i remember just feeling free while i was outdoors and climbing. I remember i was able to tackle a 5.11 at 14 though. I am in good shape and am wondering if you'd let me tag along with you guys. would i have to buy any gear??

spikeddem

Sep 3, 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #9 of 9 (2733 views)
Shortcut

Re: [treywittenberg] partner wanted mlps mn [In reply to]
Report this Post

treywittenberg wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm 21 and used to climb a lot outdoors in new hampshire when I was about 14 for a couple of camps. I live in minnesota and would absolutely love to come with you guys but i have no gear whatsoever and am a little rusty on everything. i was just thinking today at work though about climbing and totally miss it. i remember just feeling free while i was outdoors and climbing. I remember i was able to tackle a 5.11 at 14 though. I am in good shape and am wondering if you'd let me tag along with you guys. would i have to buy any gear??

You're responding to posts from nine years ago. Sorry, buddy.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook