Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
cynical pinnacle?????
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

okieterry

Jul 18, 2006, 3:59 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1376 views)
Shortcut

cynical pinnacle?????  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon: Black_Rose)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i've always heard so much good stuff about this place (wunches dihedral especially). i know it is in the south platte and may be closed do to perigrin falcons much of the year.
i'm wanting to visit the area in a couple of weeks. does anyone know if i can climb there? is there a topo available of the routes?
any info would be helpful...thanks

fenice

Jul 18, 2006, 4:25 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1376 views)
Shortcut

Re: cynical pinnacle????? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This is the best tower summit in Colorado, it has so many good routes on it. I've done most of them which range from 5.9 (Center Route) with many variates 10b, 10a, to Wunches Dihedral 11b. The hike up to this thing is brutal but worth it. You can also climb here in the winter on cooler days.

Sorry to say this is closed until the end of August. Check out the following site for more details. http://www.mountainproject.com/v/colorado/south_platte/catherdral_spires_area/105797900

okieterry

Jul 19, 2006, 3:31 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1376 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the info...i was afraid of that.

oh well...do you know of any other good crack areas in the colorado springs area that may be in the shade. the heat has been brutal here in oklahoma (yesterdays high was 106 with no wind) and we would like to climb hard.

fenice

Jul 19, 2006, 4:03 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1376 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Unfortunately the two do not go hand-in-hand, shade is at a premium no matter where you go in the South Platte. Coming from out of town I would hit "Turkey Rocks". It's one of the best areas in the Platte...if you think you're up for it, Quivering Quill - 10c, Whimsical Dreams - 11b, and Turkey Turd - 11c. Don't forget Turkey Rocks itself with Vanishing Point - 10d, Straw Turkey - 10a, and Great White Crime - 11b. Here is the link: http://www.mountainproject.com/v/colorado/south_platte/turkey_rocks/105797943

PM me if you want more details...if you want some really good fat cracks hit Vedauwoo in WY or Lumpy in Estes Park

okieterry

Jul 19, 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1376 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks bro...i appreciate the info. its turkey season i guess!
we gotta stay kinda close to colorado springs

thanks again,
terry andrews

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook