RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

score_one

Jul 26, 2006, 5:26 AM
Post #1 of 3 (729 views)
Shortcut

yosemite big walls
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,
I'm new to big walls and am looking for a partner. I'm reading books and learning on my own right now, but soloing isnt as much fun to me and I'd like to pick this stuff up with someone else who is either ambitious or experience and wants to get on a big wall by the end of the summer. Plus we can split the cost of turning my alpine rack into a big wall rack. I'll likely start off small with things like the lost arrow, then work my way up. Or what would be even better is if theres someone experienced who needs a partner and is interested in bringing up a quick and eager learner. I've got 2 yrs experience in trad in alpine settings in the washington cascades and I'm down here in livermore till atleast the end of the summer. I have weekends free and every other weekend I can take 3 days off. If I dont find someone, well, I'll happily continue exploring the high sierra and tuolumne with my regular alpine friends.
Any takers?

Partner lalamur

Jul 27, 2006, 6:10 PM
Post #2 of 3 (729 views)
Shortcut

Re: yosemite big walls [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'll be in yosemite from aug 13-27. let me know if you want to meet up and tackle some big walls there. i've got the rack and experience for the big wall stuff. don't mind climbing with less experienced, or even teaching what i know. pm me if interested,
Dave

spyork

Jul 30, 2006, 8:24 PM
Post #3 of 3 (729 views)
Shortcut

Re: yosemite big walls [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am looking to do the South Face of Washington Column about the 3rd or 4th week of August. I just did Leaning Tower P1-4 as my first wall. We were not able to complete because of the severe temperatures, but we made it to Ahwahnee Ledge and camped one night then bailed because our 6 gallons was almost gone. Yeah it was that hot.

I have to attend some social thing with my wife on the 11th, but I am open for ideas after that, since I am laid off from my job right now.

Send me a PM, we can chat.

Steve

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook