Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Mammoth Hot Springs?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

cissi

Jul 27, 2006, 7:09 AM
Post #1 of 3 (888 views)
Shortcut

Mammoth Hot Springs?  (North_America: United_States: Arizona: Northern: Priest_Draw: Triangle_boulder)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi!
My partner and I are stopping by Yellowstone NP for about a day, in October. Anyone know of any easy (5.6 to 5.10) , quick sport climbs out there? I heard Mammoth Hot Springs might be an option...?

We are sort of on this hellbent road trip and don't have much time but if anything relatively close by is worth it, we'd like to check it out...

Thanks!

smilingfish

Aug 15, 2006, 2:46 PM
Post #2 of 3 (888 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mammoth Hot Springs? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You might check out the Mill Creek area that is posted under the Montana section, about 45 minutes north. I have not been there but I know the rock is superb and judging from the postings here there is a lot of route activity. There is some great granite in the Park about 45 minutes from Mammoth where the Lamar leaves the valley and pours through a small canyon - beautiful road side stuff that I have bouldered (don't know about climbing in YNP).

renobdarb

Aug 15, 2006, 4:16 PM
Post #3 of 3 (888 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mammoth Hot Springs? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a couple sport areas to the south of Yellowstone around Jackson. Don't know if your trip is taking you this way, though.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$89.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook