RSS FeedRSS Feeds for View this Website

Premier Sponsor:

elizaclimb

Jul 10, 2006, 2:06 PM
Post #1 of 4 (41293 views)
Shortcut

Climbing, Zip lining (canopy tour) and geocaching in PA
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Check it out it is awesome!!! www.springmountain-fun.com

here is an article that was in the Philadelphia Inquirer. go and do it! It's crazy fun! http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14991619.htm

elizaclimb

Jul 20, 2006, 6:23 PM
Post #2 of 4 (41293 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing, Zip lining (canopy tour) and geocaching in PA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

New Canopy Tour is first of its kind on the entire East Coast.

Spring Mount, PA - The fun is going above and beyond the slopes at Spring Mountain Ski Area this summer. Spring Mountain built one of only a few Canopy Tours in the United States and it opens to the public today. A canopy tour is a series of zip lines, rope bridges and challenges under the "canopy" or the leaves of the trees. The Canopy Tour is part of the new Spring Mountain Summer Adventure Program, which also includes Rock Climbing and The AMAZING GEO RACE.

The first of its kind on the entire East Coast, Spring Mountain Adventure’s Canopy Tour combines adventure with environmental education. On this ninety-minute tour, guests take the chair lift to the top of the mountain, hike to the starting point and then, harness to zip lines. They’ll fly through the air high above the mountain! Suspension bridges and rope elements slow the pace just enough for the guide to point out wildlife and local vegetation and share some of the history of the mountain’s earliest inhabitants...the Lenape Indians.

“We are thrilled to introduce our new Summer Adventures Program,” said Rick Buckman, owner and operator of Spring Mountain Ski Area. “This is an outdoor experience that people will never forget. It is the perfect way for families and friends to spend time together this summer.”

In addition to the Canopy Tour, the Summer Adventures Program offers rock climbing and a high-tech treasure hunt. Whether a beginner or seasoned climber, a trip up and back down the forty-five ft, four sided Rock Tower and Boulder Wall will satisfy any craving for an adrenaline rush. During THE AMAZING GEO RACE teams pair off with Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) Units in hand to uncover clues. The first to return with the most treasure wins the race.

About Spring Mountain Ski Area: Owned and operated by Rick and Gayle Buckman, Spring Mountain Ski Area is located in Spring Mount, Pennsylvania. It’s nine ski trails are host to a variety of winter activities including, skiing, snowboarding and tubing. The mountain is also home to a local summer hot spot, Jim Finnegan’s Tiki Bar. Guests can enjoy mountainside dinning at The Spring Mountain Café and Alpine Restaurant. For more information, visit www.springmountain-fun.com.

gblauer

Aug 1, 2006, 2:41 AM
Post #3 of 4 (41293 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mitchal and I decided to give it a try. you take the chairlift to the top of spring mountain (more like a hill) and then take a series of zip lines and high ropes elements down to the bottom of the mountain.

We had lots of fun, it was easy and most people can do it. No climbing experience required, no real fitness needed. It would be a great outing with the kids or for a birthday party.

As a climber I found that the entire experience was mild, didn't produce an adrenaline rush and that I was looking for ways to make it all more challenging (can we climb the underside of the cargo net? Can you do the element with your eyes closed?)

worth going, worth bringing non climbers for the exposure etc.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=76670

chocoface

Oct 18, 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #4 of 4 (41293 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just got back from Spring Mountain's new "Extreme" night tour. It was an experience I will never forget. I went with a group of six. (Three guys, three girls). Most of us are climbers though two of the girls had height "issues". The tour started by meeting our guides Dan and Rick at the rock tower for some pre zipping climbing. Everyone got to climb and had fun. The tower had routes from beginner to 5.11. Rick even put a $20 at the top of a route he just finished and said I could have it if I red-pointed it. The $20 is probably still there. Then we donned our headlamps and started the hike. Normally zip-liners take the mountains ski lifts up the mountain but the "extreme" tour requires you to hike. The hike was heart thumping, steep and a bit creepy. It lasted about an hour and took me all over the mountain, we even saw a snake! Then at the top we stopped and had some drinks and cliff bars. Then the real fun began. Four zip lines (the longest being 330 feet) some crazy bridges (we turned off our headlamps and tried to make it across the bridges) and a cargo net. The final zip took us into the Rock Tower from whence we came. After all repelled from the tower we had a fire and drank some beers. The whole thing took about four hours and it was awesome. I can't wait to do it again this winter!

Forums : Archive : View this Website

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook