Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Obed VS LRC
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

gqsmooth

Aug 26, 2006, 5:41 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1336 views)
Shortcut

Obed VS LRC  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon: Bolt_Slab_West_Face)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok. So mid-sept my g/f and I are headed down with her family to Tennessee for vacation. We might have an opportunity to have a day of climbing. So which is the better bouldering? We will be in Fairfield Glen so Obed is about an hour away vs LRC which is two? Is LRC worth the extra hour in the car?

PS. I might be looking for a local to show us around too, if you are interested in a day trip...Can anyone point me in the right direction?

GQ

smellyferret

Aug 26, 2006, 5:44 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1336 views)
Shortcut

Re: Obed VS LRC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you are wanting to boulder, go to LRC. For roped climbing go to the obed.

ferret

Aug 26, 2006, 6:41 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1336 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

funny that someone has a very similar name to me, and decided to reply to this post, as well. If you are going to go bouldering, I would say LRC is the best choice. Obed is really more worth it if you plan on bringing a rope, and getting hooked into the TONS of routes theh have there. Looking at subject of the post, i was a little stunned as to why someone would compare those two areas, TOTALLY different worlds at both of em. anyways, enjoy the trip, and if you feel like routes, obed be the place to go, as for bouldering, the obed boulders are beautiful, but LRC is the shit.

gqsmooth

Aug 27, 2006, 3:52 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1336 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey ferret 1/2. I figured Obed was known mostly for the routes, but I heard (and read) that the Lilly Boulders was pretty bad ass itself.

The major plus I am seeing for LRC is that its near (or on) a golf course, which could mean that my g/f's family would be easily convinced to make the trip. But then again Obed would provide an opportunity for my g/f and I to head out by ourselves.

Thanks for the input. Two to zip in favor of LRC, keep it coming!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook