Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
Arizona Partners-Ongoing Thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

reno

Sep 13, 2006, 6:27 PM
Post #151 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Re: arizona partners ongoing thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Can we get an agenda of sorts going? I want to know who's gonna be where when... this is vital info for climbsnothing's photo-graffin' services.

Mine:

Thursday: arrive in the evening, set up camp, mebbe join you and Alex in Flag for a burger and a pitcher of beer, if you're free.

Friday: Climb, either at the Pit or the Forks, depending on who I can find for a partner and what they want to do.

Saturday: Overlook, then back to camp to make chili. Dinner around 8 pm, for those that care.

Sunday: Overlook or Pit, then pack up and head back to PHX, leaving around 7 pm (have to work Monday, at that means waking up at 4 am.)

Partner baja_java

Sep 13, 2006, 7:14 PM
Post #152 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if you want to do the Forks on FRI, jeff, i can climb with you and whoever else. SAT and SUN sounds good to me. and MON-TUE/WED works too, hillary, paul

i don't drink that much either, but i shall have a large quantity on hand in order to fit in 8^) 8^)

sean

marckylove

Sep 14, 2006, 2:27 AM
Post #153 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello there Arizonians!
My name is Marc and I am about to head out to Prescott via Flagstaff. If anyone is looking for a partner or psyched to add someone new to their group, please holler at me! I can be reached at 928-899-7388 all night (Ill be driving all night and don't hesitate to call at any hour). I will be passing through flagstaff tomorrow (Thurs 9/14) and I'd be happy to stop and climb at Paradise Forks if I hear form someone. I currently don't have a crash pad with me, but I do have trad rack and ropes (never leave home without them). If someone is interested in climbing in the Prescott area you can either call me at the above number, leave me a message on this forum or send me an IM. I'm still relatively new to this website -- but I think that I've got it figured out. Happy climbing everyone!!

-Marc Horan

Partner camhead

Sep 16, 2006, 1:12 AM
Post #154 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey reno, I'll arrive thursday night as well; we should definitely hit 'da forks on friday.

where are you camping that night? or should we just meet up for food in Flagstaff that night and head from there?

reno

Sep 16, 2006, 2:36 AM
Post #155 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
hey reno, I'll arrive thursday night as well; we should definitely hit 'da forks on friday.

OK. I think Baja Java will be in town Friday as well. Right, Sean? Want to meet Paul and I at the Forks on Friday?

In reply to:
where are you camping that night? or should we just meet up for food in Flagstaff that night and head from there?

Don't matter to me. I doubt that next weekend will be a busy camping weekend, but I thought I'd find that camping area that Epic Ed mentioned and stake claim for the group.

What's the name of that burger and beer joint in Flag, right beside the RR tracks? We could meet there? Or in camp.... I'll either be driving a maroon GMC Yukon (with "Air Evac" sticker in back window) or my black Dodge Intrepid (with a "Dog is my co-pilot" bumper sticker.)

Your call.

reno

Sep 17, 2006, 6:06 PM
Post #156 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK, since nobody cast a vote either way, I'm exerting my powers as benevolent dictator and making the choice:

We're camping where Epic_Ed suggested on the previous page:

In reply to:
My favorite spot is just north of the Overlook just above the ADOT yard off to the east side of 89A. It's the first (I think) gated forest road on the east side of 89A above the ADOt yard. The gate is usually closed, but unless its LOCKED you are allowed to open up and drive in to camp. The road quickly gets to a very open area that could accomodate a lot of knuckle-draggers. If that area looks busy, just keep driving further back. Last time I was there the dirt road was easily passable by 2WD, low clearance vehicles at least to the first open area. There's only one rutted area beyond that that may keep low clearance vehicles from going all the way back to the rim.

IF it is locked, then I suggest we camp by Priest Draw. Everyone know where that is? I don't, but will find out.

That is all for now. Five days, y'all.

Partner baja_java

Sep 19, 2006, 5:22 PM
Post #157 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'll get there THU eve too. let's do dinner in town. i'd be for that. and yes, Forks on FRI sounds very good!

and i'm leaning toward just MON at the Forks, paul. that'd make 4 straight climbing days for me, without having to bother with a rest day or shower or all that other stuff

sean

Partner camhead

Sep 20, 2006, 1:00 AM
Post #158 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hell yes!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning from Moab, going to stop by the Creek for a day. I'll give reno a call when I roll into town on thursday, and also go try to locate this alleged campsite.

Oh, and reno, Priest's draw is a big area, with several pulloffs from the highway, so we may have to work out some more details.

climbsomething

Sep 21, 2006, 2:15 AM
Post #159 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dinner on Thursday? Give me a call. Reno, I'll PM you my new phone #.

It's cool enough now that b.o. might be slow to develop, but if I declare anybody in need of a bath, I can certainly provide a shower. Oh, and if it rains enough at night to scare you off the dirt pile, some more hospitality can be wrenched from me. Just know that my house is in utter chaos right now.

Reno, you got a new truck? Did your wife let you have at least one nut back? :D

*presses nose against Overlook guide and begins humming and chanting*

reno

Sep 21, 2006, 3:51 AM
Post #160 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dinner on Thursday? Give me a call. Reno, I'll PM you my new phone #.

Sweet. Camhead, baja_java, me, you, and whoever else wants in.

I'm up for any kind of food, but I'll have the dogs, so it'll have to be dog-friendly (read: patio) or I'll bring them by to terrorize the Tilly.

In reply to:
Reno, you got a new truck? Did your wife let you have at least one nut back?

Mais non, cher. I might be able to talk her out of her GMC Yukon, if'n I ask real purty like and bring her some flowers and chocolate. 'Else it's the sedan. (Geez, I'm so neutered, it ain't funny.)

climbsomething

Sep 21, 2006, 4:39 AM
Post #161 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Patio = COLD SO SO COLD (my blood is still Tucson-thin). Just don't laugh at me in my down and beanie and gloves in the cruel 50 degrees. And alas, I don't have my Tilly right now. Mom's dogsitting while we move and do some minor repairs to the house and such... the disruption and open gates and doors would be too much for the little booger.

But this is all the more reason for you to bring at least one husky. I need white hairs on my clothes!

epic_ed

Sep 22, 2006, 2:52 AM
Post #162 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool! We'll be there Saturday morning -- well, late morning. RENO! Bring something to be able to mark the correct gate off of 89A for the rest of us to find. Some sort of cardboard sign, duct tape, and just mark it RC.com or sumthin.

Cool! See ya there.

Ed

epic_ed

Sep 22, 2006, 2:53 AM
Post #163 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool! We'll be there Saturday morning -- well, late morning. RENO! Bring something to be able to mark the correct gate off of 89A for the rest of us to find. Some sort of cardboard sign, duct tape, and just mark it RC.com or sumthin.

Cool! See ya there.

Ed

ferret

Sep 22, 2006, 5:02 AM
Post #164 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey yall, looking to get out to the overlook tomorrow morning, need a partner, prefereably one that can clean anything i get on, and or take over lead if I get stuck. I am fairly new to the trad climbing realm, have 5 leads under my belt, thus far. I am hoping to get on Orange out Direct, which would be the hardest lead that I have done. Anyways, get back to me here, or gimme a call 928-713-1352. lata

ferret

Sep 22, 2006, 5:09 AM
Post #165 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I suppose i should have looked at this thread a bit more closely, I will be at the Forks tomorrow morning, round 9-10ish, look forward to seeing a group tomorrow:)

gripfiender

Sep 22, 2006, 3:08 PM
Post #166 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What time is the climbing to begin at the overlook tomorrow?

ferret

Sep 22, 2006, 3:10 PM
Post #167 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ok, so is it the overlook today, or the forks, I'm bloody confused, now. I'm totally down for either. let me know.

gripfiender

Sep 22, 2006, 3:12 PM
Post #168 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I Believe there is going to be two groups, some are going to go to paradise and the others, the overlook.

gripfiender

Sep 22, 2006, 3:14 PM
Post #169 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So is there two groups on Saturday? One going to the forks and the other going to the Overlook.

epic_ed

Sep 22, 2006, 4:35 PM
Post #170 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think those making the decisions are already up there. Last I heard it was Forks today, Overlook tomorrow.

Ed

climbsomething

Sep 22, 2006, 5:00 PM
Post #171 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha! Well, here's what I think I know, at least as far as the reno-camhead-baja_java-epic_ed-climbsnothing clan:

I think today (Friday) is the Forks. Tomorrow (Saturday) I am not sure, but possibly the Pit, and that night we will be eating Reno's camp chili. Sunday is the Overlook. Blame me for that, because I demanded a ropegun for the Trinities and I can't climb on Saturday ;)

Monday looks like it might hold something in store too, but I am not sure what. Reno and Ed won't be around, but camhead and baja_java should be. I defer to them and their projects; baja_java sounded interested in the Forks then, and I am sure camhead is down with that. But if they let me I might make them ropegun at the Pit or boulder at the Anvils in Sedona, cuz I'm demanding and stuff. Course, I love me some columnar basalt photos, and Paul and Sean are new and exciting (and cute! :oops:) models.

*reminds self to clear memory cards for photo spazzing*

gripfiender

Sep 22, 2006, 5:39 PM
Post #172 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the clerification. I might make my way out to the forks today then and i will most definitly be at the overlook all day tomorrow. This weekend is dedicated climb till i cant move weekend. Name the place and i will be there.

ferret

Sep 22, 2006, 6:16 PM
Post #173 of 508 (38518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

shit man, i just drove my happy ass all the way out to the forks and NOONE was there, as i didn't have a belay or a lead... I decided to come right the (explative deleted) back home. Grip, what time you planning on hitting the overlook tomorrow? I'm totally game for that, would love to get on some of those routes, absolutly love it there.

epic_ed

Sep 22, 2006, 6:37 PM
Post #174 of 508 (38871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, shit -- so it's the Pit tomorrow?

ferret

Sep 22, 2006, 6:50 PM
Post #175 of 508 (38873 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i would rather the overlook tomorrow, I wanna lead some more routes. I just started leading trad, and am looking to bump up the level, looking to get on Orange out direct, tid bit harder than i've lead before, so totally want someone that is capable of leading, so i dont loose gear, if i have to bail. If anyone is down for an overlook mission, in the morning, I'm totally in. send me a pm and i'll hit ya with my #. Lata.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook