Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Ratings for route 6-8 climbs right of Clasic Crack?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

yogaslackers

Oct 20, 2006, 3:23 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1014 views)
Shortcut

Ratings for route 6-8 climbs right of Clasic Crack?  (North_America: United_States: Oregon: Portland_Metro_Area: Broughton_Bluff)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What is the name of the wall to the right of the red wall? What are the ratings of the sport climb with the homemade bolts? and the climb to the right i was a killer finger small hand crack into some roof moves. help please
Thanks
Sam

hemp22

Oct 25, 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1014 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ratings for route 6-8 climbs right of Clasic Crack? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, it sounds like you're asking about the climbs on the right half of Red Wall (down past the tree - about 20 yards to the right of classic crack).

The fully bolted climb that sports a couple of homemade hangers and the manky chain at the top is Hard Body (11b). The next climb to the right is the finger/thin hands crack that leads up to a roof/bulge and into some gym-like moves on juggy ledges past 3(?) bolts, and that one is Shoot from the Hip (10c). And then there's one more to the right - an easy thin crack that leads to a big ledge and then a pull over a roof (2 bolts) onto a slab - that's called No Friction (5.9) and it shares anchors w/ Shoot from the Hip.

Or, I could be wrong, and you're asking about climbs that are on either Bridge Cliff or Spring Rock - those are the next cliffs that are a couple hundred yards further down the trail.
All these climbs are listed here in the routes database.
The Portland rock climbs book is currently out of print, but if you're in town, you can probably ask at one of the local shops to borrow one so you can photocopy pages.

Cheers

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook