Forums: Community: Campground:
Brent_e thread 2 (title shortened)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 137 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Nov 2, 2006, 9:43 PM
Post #76 of 3415 (5266 views)
Shortcut

Re: !Alert! Brent_e thread threatens to swamp community!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Perhaps we can discuss how Epoch is a "Centrist" and can't make up his mind more often than not. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found on that test if you go right down the middle saying maybe to everything you hit dead center.

“The deep pool of centrist opinion in the country, that essential guarantee against violent political upheavals, is being dangerously shaken”
How is that? :?

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedoubyah....

There are allot of unhappy people. This administration is fekkin weeeeetawded.
So you think a bunch of people are going to abandon their centrist opinions in favor of something more extreme?
No, I don't think that will happen. America (Americans) as a whole is (are) lazy. I certainly wouldn't start it. There's too much paperwork involved.
That's kinda what I was thinking.
What, that you are too lazy to fill out any kind of paperwork and that is the reason that you post way too much?? :lol:
Can you blame me?

Paperwork sucks.

chossmonkey

Nov 2, 2006, 9:51 PM
Post #77 of 3415 (5266 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I am too busy tradding in the Stronghold to learn to quote. And preparing for my ice climbing trip. :lol:
Brent and I are planning an ice trip.

If I didn't have to drive Rebecca around too I would be flyingout to Calgaryon the 20th and climbing ice on the 21st. :?

Once it gets cold enough here, I'll be climbing ice nearly everyday. :P

chossmonkey

Nov 2, 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #78 of 3415 (5266 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Holy crap Redleg!

You must either be really bad at thin hands or you got a really good deal on #1 Camalots! :shock:

I don't understand all the #2's though. That is the size most people don't need.

Redleg's meager rack. vvvvvvv

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=79792

Partner brent_e

Nov 3, 2006, 3:01 AM
Post #79 of 3415 (5266 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Holy crap Redleg!

You must either be really bad at thin hands or you got a really good deal on #1 Camalots! :shock:

I don't understand all the #2's though. That is the size most people don't need.

Redleg's meager rack. vvvvvvv

it's a nice rack!!

But the # 2's you say...YOU say you don't need because it's a bomber size....but some people don't like to climb bomber sizes without gear. I wouldn't know cuz i have never properly climbed anything resembling a crack.

redlegrangerone

Nov 3, 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #80 of 3415 (5266 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Or I could be climbing a couple times a month at Indian Creek. I only have a small half rack.

And I pretty much suck at all types of crack. But I am getting better. But I am always on off sizes for me. My partner has big hands, while mine are small. Since he is leading, we are always on perfect fingers, hands, fist for him.

As for the #1's, there is a route that requires between 10 and 15 of them. My 5 doe s not get you very far.

Partner brent_e

Nov 3, 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #81 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Or I could be climbing a couple times a month at Indian Creek. I only have a small half rack.

And I pretty much suck at all types of crack. But I am getting better. But I am always on off sizes for me. My partner has big hands, while mine are small. Since he is leading, we are always on perfect fingers, hands, fist for him.

As for the #1's, there is a route that requires between 10 and 15 of them. My 5 doe s not get you very far.

what route is that???

redlegrangerone

Nov 3, 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #82 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I don't remember the name, but it is across the creek on the side where most people do not climb. We were looking at it because it looked like an easier climb for me. It sucks when everything is 5.10 and you are not a 5.10 climber yet. :shock: But we did not climb it because we only had 8 #1's and my partner did not want to run it out.

But as for the number 2's, they get used alot. Could not get by without the 2's and 3's.

But the #6 is my partners and I's favorite, because when you need it, you really need it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Partner brent_e

Nov 3, 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #83 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I don't remember the name, but it is across the creek on the side where most people do not climb. We were looking at it because it looked like an easier climb for me. It sucks when everything is 5.10 and you are not a 5.10 climber yet. :shock: But we did not climb it because we only had 8 #1's and my partner did not want to run it out.

But as for the number 2's, they get used alot. Could not get by without the 2's and 3's.

But the #6 is my partners and I's favorite, because when you need it, you really need it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigger gear seems to be like that. I've been in the same situation with #4 friends. although it's not nearly as big!

the best part was trying to fiddle in a #11 hex in the back of this wide crack. Can't do that at the creek, i'm sure!!!

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 1:03 PM
Post #84 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
But the # 2's you say...YOU say you don't need because it's a bomber size....but some people don't like to climb bomber sizes without gear. I wouldn't know cuz i have never properly climbed anything resembling a crack.
#2 is noramlly perfect hands to good hands for most people.

For me its #2 to tight #3. When I was out at the Tower I would just need the #2' at the end of the perfect hands section, as I ahd just ran it out a through the whole section and need to conserve my smaller units for the tight hands above.

#1 can be the start of missery for me. Lets not dicuss 1.5 and 2 Friend size (.75 Cam?). :oops:

Partner booger

Nov 3, 2006, 1:21 PM
Post #85 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

Watch out chossy, Brent might be planning this trip 'cause he thinks you're a girl.

:twisted:

redlegrangerone

Nov 3, 2006, 1:27 PM
Post #86 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Ok, after a trip to the guidebook..... can't find the #1 cam route, but did fond one for the Chossmonkey.

Buuny Slope 5.9+ 160 feet. Requires either 10-15 #2 camalots or 1(2), 5(2.5) And 7(3.0) friends.

You might be a Chossmonkey if you only need a #2 camalot at the top. :lol:

Partner brent_e

Nov 3, 2006, 1:39 PM
Post #87 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Watch out chossy, Brent might be planning this trip 'cause he thinks you're a girl.

it's ok, i've met nate before AND looked at his profile picture.
i'm not embarrassed that i didn't know...i feel silly, though.

In reply to:
Ok, after a trip to the guidebook..... can't find the #1 cam route, but did fond one for the Chossmonkey.

Buuny Slope 5.9+ 160 feet. Requires either 10-15 #2 camalots or 1(2), 5(2.5) And 7(3.0) friends.

You might be a Chossmonkey if you only need a #2 camalot at the top.

it's only 5.9+. he could do that in his mountain masters.

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 1:48 PM
Post #88 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

You go to Indian Creek a couple times a month! :shock: That's like 10 hours each way when you have more damn rock within 2 hours than you can shake your rack at! :?

Its good that you always have to climb your bad sizes. If you always climbed the good sizes you wouldn't get better. I'll bet once you start getting good at the bad sizes you'll be the ropegun rather than your partner because you'll be cruising every crack size rather than just "your" size. You can then laugh your ass off watching him struggle up your bomber hand crack that is his thin hands nightmare. :twisted:

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 1:52 PM
Post #89 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

what route is that???
I thought #1 Cam was 5.10+ into 5.11 territory?

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 1:55 PM
Post #90 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
the best part was trying to fiddle in a #11 hex in the back of this wide crack. Can't do that at the creek, i'm sure!!!
I think Super Crack was first done on hexes.

I think there were about 3 of them used or were able to be. :lol:

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 1:59 PM
Post #91 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Truthfully booger, brent is planning this trip with me because he is a girl and needs someone :robert: to show him how to get things done.

Not that I've never backed off an ice route only to have Brent lead it.

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 2:03 PM
Post #92 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
But we did not climb it because we only had 8 #1's and my partner did not want to run it out.
Did you call him a sally and tell him what's there name did it with only 6? :lol:

That works more often than not.

Leap frogging or sliding works too.

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 2:19 PM
Post #93 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

That route sounds like sex with Salma Hayek. :shock: :D

Having nearly been bitch slapped by a "5.9-" at the Tower (#1.5 & #2 Friend) I'll hold off on making outrageous claims. But is sounds like it would be a cruiser. And probably doable in my approach shoes. :lol:

redlegrangerone

Nov 3, 2006, 3:17 PM
Post #94 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

That route sounds like sex with Salma Hayek. :shock: :D

Having nearly been b---- slapped by a "5.9-" at the Tower (#1.5 & #2 Friend) I'll hold off on making outrageous claims. But is sounds like it would be a cruiser. And probably doable in my approach shoes. :lol:

Yes, it is an easy route for the creek, but if you did fall, it would be the end of the Chossposter. Besides, if I was on the belay end of the rope, I would not be willing to let you run out 160 feet. :shock:

And #1 camalot is generally 5.11 stuff, but sometimes I have an easier time with that. My smaller hands and fingers fit better.

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 3:53 PM
Post #95 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Yes, it is an easy route for the creek, but if you did fall, it would be the end of the Chossposter. Besides, if I was on the belay end of the rope, I would not be willing to let you run out 160 feet. :shock:

And #1 camalot is generally 5.11 stuff, but sometimes I have an easier time with that. My smaller hands and fingers fit better.

What would you do, pull me off so I land on top of you? :lol:

If I ran it out 160', I likely wouldn't need a belayer anyway.

redlegrangerone

Nov 3, 2006, 4:15 PM
Post #96 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

True.

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 5:38 PM
Post #97 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
True.
True what?

Did you forget how to quote already? :P

redlegrangerone

Nov 3, 2006, 6:49 PM
Post #98 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

If I ran it out 160', I likely wouldn't need a belayer anyway.

True.

redlegrangerone

Nov 3, 2006, 6:52 PM
Post #99 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

But my bad Chossposter for assuming someone with your huge amount of both quotes and posts would be able to read what was one post up. Especially in a thread that typically gets thirty posts a minute. :lol:

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #100 of 3415 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
But my bad Chossposter for assuming someone with your huge amount of both quotes and posts would be able to read what was one post up. Especially in a thread that typically gets thirty posts a minute. :lol:
I did figure it out. It might have took a second, but I did. :roll:

I was just makling sure you still had what it takes to quote. :wink:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 137 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook