Forums: Community: Campground:
Brent_e thread 2 (title shortened)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 137 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #126 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Re: !Alert! Brent_e thread threatens to swamp community!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I am just helping this one get off the ground.

you're going to need a bigger crane, my friend.

:lol: :lol:

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #127 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
There would be some good mixed routes for sure. A lot of them I think would have to be bolted, though. Not that it's a bad thing as it seems a lot of the rock that would form a mixed line is overhung.

It just so happens I know someone who would be psyched to be putting up new routes. Bolting like a mad man. If putting up new routes and bolting were okay. :(

There are some really sweet looking potential lines I've been scoping. :?

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 1:04 AM
Post #128 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
There would be some good mixed routes for sure. A lot of them I think would have to be bolted, though. Not that it's a bad thing as it seems a lot of the rock that would form a mixed line is overhung.

It just so happens I know someone who would be psyched to be putting up new routes. Bolting like a mad man. If putting up new routes and bolting were okay. :(

me too...good guy. But it would be DEATH to do it. just ask grant. he'd castrate you. then me. and it would be with something that said "grivel" on it.

uncomfy.... :shock:

In reply to:
There are some really sweet looking potential lines I've been scoping. :?

for sure, i've seen them, too.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 1:06 AM
Post #129 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Two months huh? That puts you at least another 20 climbing days behind me!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In two months Brent and I are going to be in Nipigon sluggin' away at some killer ice.

Ice season will hopefully be getting started here in another month or so.

i have to admit, that will be pretty hot!

Oh, looks like you have me all to yourself, Nate. Val isn't going up anymore.
I still haven't heard from Dave either. I need to give him a call and see if he wants to go with. We need to make sure we'll have a place to stay too.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 1:13 AM
Post #130 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I think part of the prob (all of the problem) is in my head that I am comfy on easy routes and actually like them a lot. Climbing 10's of 11's would be good but i can't see myself there and that is the start to bad events.

The best part of climbing hard is going to a cliff seeing a line that inspires you and climbing it, regardless of the grade.

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 2:18 AM
Post #131 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I think part of the prob (all of the problem) is in my head that I am comfy on easy routes and actually like them a lot. Climbing 10's of 11's would be good but i can't see myself there and that is the start to bad events.

The best part of climbing hard is going to a cliff seeing a line that inspires you and climbing it, regardless of the grade.

I still haven't heard from Dave either. I need to give him a call and see if he wants to go with. We need to make sure we'll have a place to stay too.

it would be nice to climb whatever I want. Gunna be a while, though. Maybe this winter will get me in better shape???

and I asked Jackie if she wanted to go and told her it was dependent on us having 4 people. She was SUPER excited about it. And now with me having an extra set of pons and you having many many tools we can accommodate her.
And I asked a friend about a place to stay up there and she said she would take a look. She said she knows someone who rents a place and may have a free room we can crash in. That would be awesome and VERY cheap.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 2:29 AM
Post #132 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
and I asked Jackie if she wanted to go and told her it was dependent on us having 4 people. She was SUPER excited about it. And now with me having an extra set of pons and you having many many tools we can accommodate her.
And I asked a friend about a place to stay up there and she said she would take a look. She said she knows someone who rents a place and may have a free room we can crash in. That would be awesome and VERY cheap.

Me having many many sets of tools? I'll only have two sets when I get the Fusions.

I'll have to try and remember to call Dave tomorrow. He doesn't get on the internet very much.

Does Jackie have boots?

We need to figure out where we are staying pretty quick if we need to stay at that hostel, if they even have room still.

If worse came to worse and it was just the two of us we could stay in my truck. It would likely be miserable but I think it would work okay.

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 2:50 AM
Post #133 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Me having many many sets of tools? I'll only have two sets when I get the Fusions.

I'll have to try and remember to call Dave tomorrow. He doesn't get on the internet very much.

Does Jackie have boots?

We need to figure out where we are staying pretty quick if we need to stay at that hostel, if they even have room still.

If worse came to worse and it was just the two of us we could stay in my truck. It would likely be miserable but I think it would work okay.

with Rebecca's you have 3 sets. If I can get those X15's going we could have 4 sets plus my other set....FIVE SETS!

Jackie can likely borrow some boots from a friend (which are actually my old boots).

true about the hostel. I'll call my friend sometime soon.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 3:04 AM
Post #134 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
with Rebecca's you have 3 sets. If I can get those X15's going we could have 4 sets plus my other set....FIVE SETS!

That's more than enough for a spider! :shock:

Or two spiders if they use crampons on four of their feet. :lol:

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 3:34 AM
Post #135 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

That's more than enough for a spider! :shock:

Or two spiders if they use crampons on four of their feet. :lol:

:lol:

true!

we'll see how it goes. I hope this works out ok. Gunna tell my parents i'm going this week. I hope it doesn't dig into their plans of taking all of us to new orleans. I honestly don't want to go.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 1:11 PM
Post #136 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
we'll see how it goes. I hope this works out ok. Gunna tell my parents i'm going this week. I hope it doesn't dig into their plans of taking all of us to new orleans. I honestly don't want to go.

If you don't want to go to N.O. why does it matter if it digs into their plans?

You are an adult. You should be making your own decisions. Tell them how it is.

Just tell them you've had plans to go for longer than they have. :lol:

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 1:44 PM
Post #137 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

that was the plan. and I have had plans, jebus.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 2:19 PM
Post #138 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Good.

Stand your ground Brent.

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 2:20 PM
Post #139 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Good.

Stand your ground Brent.

don't worry about it, Nate.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 2:34 PM
Post #140 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Good.

Stand your ground Brent.

I am and I will.

It doesn't seem like you have the best track record when it comes to standing up to your Father. :?

I need to call Dave.

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 2:39 PM
Post #141 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Good.

Stand your ground Brent.

I am and I will.

It doesn't seem like you have the best track record when it comes to standing up to your Father. :?

I need to call Dave.

i don't for the most part. fear will do that, man.

but we'll go to the bay! more people would be good for gas related reasons. I'm assuming christmas will be mad pooring for me.

i really need to sell some handles!!! Hopefully i can work something with mal for ouray.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 3:12 PM
Post #142 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

but we'll go to the bay! more people would be good for gas related reasons. I'm assuming christmas will be mad pooring for me.

i really need to sell some handles!!! Hopefully i can work something with mal for ouray.

All you have to fear, is fear itself.

Its not like your dad is going to spank you. What is he going to do? Cut off your college money?

That would probably be the best thing he could do, not that he would at this point anyway. You are mostly done with school, you can get loans to finish and not be crazy in debt, it might even help you focus better having to pay for it yourself. No doubt the time you would free up not having to fulfill his obligations constantly would be a huge help to your schooling as well.

Worst case scenario, you have to scrap University. Go take up a trade and do your apprenticeship. You'll be making money while you learn, and if you pick the right field you can still make pretty good money.

To be honest, I spent more time doing the stuff I love when I made less money.

Well, I guess I do get to do my wife a lot. :lol: But otherwise....

Don't over spend at X-mas. There is nothing wrong with having a tight budget for X-mas spending. If you can only afford $25 per person then so be it. You shouldn't feel obligated to go buy your dad some $200 piece of what ever.

That would be good if you could sell some handles. You should also learn to start accepting compensation from friends when you help them out and they offer it to you. Chances are it comes with few if any strings attached, they are just trying to help you out, similar to how you helped them.

jumpingrock

Nov 7, 2006, 3:27 PM
Post #143 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Anybody else get the picture of Brent sitting in one of those reclining chairs as psychologist Nate extorts $100 an hour? :lol: :lol:

In reply to:
I need to call Dave.

I read that and a split second later the phone rang... I thought it was pretty weird. But it was Emilie instead. You could also tell me online if you want to boost your post count instead of your phone call count.

redlegrangerone

Nov 7, 2006, 3:47 PM
Post #144 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

It sure is a good thing this is not a climbing thread.

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 5:03 PM
Post #145 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

All you have to fear, is fear itself.

Its not like your dad is going to spank you. What is he going to do? Cut off your college money?

That would probably be the best thing he could do, not that he would at this point anyway. You are mostly done with school, you can get loans to finish and not be crazy in debt, it might even help you focus better having to pay for it yourself. No doubt the time you would free up not having to fulfill his obligations constantly would be a huge help to your schooling as well.

Worst case scenario, you have to scrap University. Go take up a trade and do your apprenticeship. You'll be making money while you learn, and if you pick the right field you can still make pretty good money.

To be honest, I spent more time doing the stuff I love when I made less money.

Well, I guess I do get to do my wife a lot. :lol: But otherwise....

Don't over spend at X-mas. There is nothing wrong with having a tight budget for X-mas spending. If you can only afford $25 per person then so be it. You shouldn't feel obligated to go buy your dad some $200 piece of what ever.

That would be good if you could sell some handles. You should also learn to start accepting compensation from friends when you help them out and they offer it to you. Chances are it comes with few if any strings attached, they are just trying to help you out, similar to how you helped them.

i just don't like conflict, is all.

and i am not even close to being done with school. i have 3 more years.

i don't usually spend a lot of money on people other than Val, but i am trying to make her gift this year.... i just have to find some stainless steel.

ahhh, Nate, you'll help me out in the future and debt like that just gets absorbed. I appreciate it.

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 9:25 PM
Post #146 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Anybody else get the picture of Brent sitting in one of those reclining chairs as psychologist Nate extorts $100 an hour? :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I'm still waiting for my check. :evil:

:lol:

In reply to:
In reply to:
I need to call Dave.

I read that and a split second later the phone rang... I thought it was pretty weird. But it was Emilie instead. You could also tell me online if you want to boost your post count instead of your phone call count.

Oh yeah I need to call David too. :oops:

Too many Daves/ Davids.

I'm going to try and get outside tomorrow so I won't be joining you at the gym. :?

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 9:29 PM
Post #147 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
It sure is a good thing this is not a climbing thread.
It's a pressure relief thread so the server doesn't melt from the other thread. :lol:

Partner brent_e

Nov 7, 2006, 9:37 PM
Post #148 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

In reply to:
I need to call Dave.

it's ok, he owes me!!!

redlegrangerone

Nov 7, 2006, 9:38 PM
Post #149 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

And now.......................

Back to our regularly scheduled programing..........

Dr, Phil the Chossmonkey. :lol:

chossmonkey

Nov 7, 2006, 9:39 PM
Post #150 of 3415 (4917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
and i am not even close to being done with school. i have 3 more years.

So what?

You're on the six year plan? :?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 137 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook