reno

Nov 14, 2006, 3:39 PM
Post #1 of 25 (1882 views)
Shortcut

Sex with Pages: Not just for GOP anymore
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://news.yahoo.com/...e_us/sd_page_scandal

Odd we didn't hear about this a week ago.

Partner epoch

Nov 14, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #2 of 25 (1838 views)
Shortcut

Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Because I kept getting the failure to send email thingy on RC v1.0...

(This post was edited by epoch on Nov 14, 2006, 7:10 PM)

carabiner96

Nov 14, 2006, 7:45 PM
Post #3 of 25 (1827 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

At least the democrats stick with legal aged boys, not jailbait.

atg200

Nov 14, 2006, 8:05 PM
Post #4 of 25 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] Sex with Pages: Not just for GOP anymore [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

18 year old? sounds like more of a sexual harrasment case than a pederast case to me. and it is clearly consensual because a state senator in south dakota is in as much of a position of power as the dude who runs the kinkos in greeley colorado.

also note that this guy's enemies are the same asshats that made it illegal in SD to get an abortion even if you are raped by your father. as much as i enjoyed growing up in SD and climbing in the needles, the politics there make it an embarrassing place to be from. and i live in utah!

reno

Nov 14, 2006, 8:20 PM
Post #5 of 25 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rationalization is such a good thing, isn't it?

Inappropriate sexual contact is much better than inapporpriate sexual non-contact?

Does anyone think that the gentleman in question would have lost had this surfaced two weeks ago?

curt

Nov 14, 2006, 8:24 PM
Post #6 of 25 (1810 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Inappropriate sexual contact is much better than inapporpriate sexual non-contact?

Does anyone think that the gentleman in question would have lost had this surfaced two weeks ago?

The Republicans lost--get over it.

Curt

reno

Nov 14, 2006, 8:42 PM
Post #7 of 25 (1803 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Nothing to get over, Curt. I just asked a question.

Now, do you care to answer the question intelligently, or just wanna sit back and make snide remarks that are unworthy of a man of your "intelligence"?

atg200

Nov 14, 2006, 8:51 PM
Post #8 of 25 (1797 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.foxnews.com/...,2933,227002,00.html

it surfaced before the election even on foxnews, but it isn't a huge story because it is about a state senator from a part of south dakota that is insignificant even by south dakota standards. http://www.hometownlocator.com/...1&City=Flandreau

do i approve of what he did? probably not, but i don't know all the details yet. do i care about the overarching implications of this? distantly, though about as much as i do the sexual impropriety alleged about the governer of pitcairn island a few years ago. http://www.lawschool.vuw.ac.nz/...lo-Townend-26Sep.pdf

flandreau has about as many people as a denny's in phonenix does, so a politician there isn't necessarily as deserving of nationwide scrutiny as a united states congressman representing about the same number of people as the entire state of south dakota - in a district that is a model of gerrymandering. http://en.wikipedia.org/...ngressional_district

south dakota and the media there is so firmly republican controlled that you are going to have a very hard time convincing me of a liberal coverup.

do you not see that you are reaching a bit here? democrats have done plenty of newsworthy odious things: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Hart, http://en.wikipedia.org/...The_Lewinsky_scandal, http://en.wikipedia.org/...ppaquiddick_incident, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McGreevey

but this one is just not something worth getting really worked up about.

Partner philbox

Nov 15, 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #9 of 25 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atg200] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
but this one is just not something worth getting really worked up about.

Of course it is. Hearken back to when the Dems first lost control of the levers of power. All hell broke loose and the sky was definitely going to fall in on everyone and there was a huge migration to Canada. So this issue is one for the GOPs to grasp at much in the same way that the Dems had a screech when they lost power. Let have a moan, it's all good and that is the way the game is played. Work with it for a while. Wink

It's hillarious looking in from the ooutside from this side of the pond seeing all you guys gettin all worked up over your various sides of politics. It's almost like a football game with either side cheering for their team and booing for the opposite. Way too funny for words.

The good thing is that you guys have got your very own sandpit to kick sand in each others faces to your hearts content. Go for it.

overlord

Nov 15, 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #10 of 25 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i confused... arent senators elected for a 6 year term?

anyaway, without knowing more its hard to judge what he actually did, but if he really 'groped' the young man, its still sexual harrasment, but at least its not harrasing a minor.

and i will never understand how much US politics are dictated by sex. it just sex, not your new budget proposal.

slablizard

Nov 15, 2006, 9:21 AM
Post #11 of 25 (1735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

at 18 you're an adult sexually speaking so I don't see where's the scandal.Unimpressed
Or you want to tell me that you can fight a war, but you can't have consentient sex at 18?

fenix83

Nov 15, 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #12 of 25 (1709 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slablizard] Sex with Pages: Not just for GOP anymore [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, you guys can't have a beer at 18, so who knows?!

-F

rhaig

Nov 15, 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #13 of 25 (1695 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Curt

This is the selective reporting nobody wants to acknowledge happening. Either his handlers did a good job of squelching this until post-election, or the media folks that did get ahold of it decided or were pursuaded not to release it until after the election.

Of course we eidn't hear about it. If it was a republican who won and then this came out about him, the dems would be shitting on the evening news.

curt

Nov 15, 2006, 9:30 PM
Post #14 of 25 (1657 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhaig] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Curt

This is the selective reporting nobody wants to acknowledge happening...

This is not selective reporting. Go back and re-read the post by atg200, this time for comprehension.

Curt

atg200

Nov 15, 2006, 9:51 PM
Post #15 of 25 (1654 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhaig] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you a moron? A state senator in nowheresville South Dakota has handlers? The only thing in South Dakota that has a handler is a sheep dog, and then only to keep the horny teenagers away(I grew up in South Dakota so I am allowed to make this joke).

I posted a link that foxnews reported this before the election - I can think of no reason other than it being a slow news day.

You have to be a moron. There is no possible explanation for the fact that you think that a state senator - state, not united states, just state - and for a state few people in the united states could even identify as being a part of this country - you think this state senator has a conspiracy theory wrapped around him.

Moreover, this is about a part of the state generally acknowledged to be backwards and insignificant even by the country folk of this state, a state that really defines the entire concept of backwards and insignificant ... hold on, wait a sec - a state senator! - are you kidding? what makes you think this could make the dems shit themselves on the evening news. There is no plausible reason aside from the fact that you absolutely have to be a moron.

A state senator in South Dakota is the republican smoking gun scandal? A state senator? Why do we even have state senators in South Dakota? The South Dakota state senate is 35 guys(1/3 the population of the entire state) sitting around and talking about how it looks like it might rain later. This is a scandal?

The only thing that could possible make sense here is that y'all are trying to make republicans look so stupid that electing them in a few years would be an innocuous pity gesture.

You are making a big deal about a state senator in South Dakota? Hahahaha. You slay me. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Can you go dig up some dirt about a corrupt cement plant manager in Vladivostok while you are hot on the trail of the relevant?

(This post was edited by atg200 on Nov 15, 2006, 9:56 PM)

rhaig

Nov 15, 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #16 of 25 (1642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

This is not selective reporting. Go back and re-read the post by atg200, this time for comprehension.

Curt

my bad. I (of course) didn't rtfa. state senator. yeah... who cares.

and I'm not a moron, just drugged up. torn rotator cuff. That also explains why I'm extra pissy lately. no climbing with a torn rotator cuff.

bobd1953

Nov 16, 2006, 7:47 AM
Post #17 of 25 (1624 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Reno wrote: Does anyone think that the gentleman in question would have lost had this surfaced two weeks ago?

Seems Reno started foaming at the mouth when he saw democrat & scandal and forgot to read the rest of the story.

Wink

barefoot_utah

Nov 16, 2006, 9:21 AM
Post #18 of 25 (1609 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atg200] Sex with Pages: Not just for GOP anymore [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
the politics there make it an embarrassing place to be from. and i live in utah!

And what is worse is that you admit it!! ROFLMAO!!! The climbing, skiing and hiking are the only reason to even be in Utah, much less live there. Can't wait to get back where we are from! You know, EARTH!?!?

collegekid

Nov 16, 2006, 4:40 PM
Post #19 of 25 (1565 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Are you a moron? A state senator in nowheresville South Dakota has handlers? The only thing in South Dakota that has a handler is a sheep dog, and then only to keep the horny teenagers away(I grew up in South Dakota so I am allowed to make this joke).

I posted a link that foxnews reported this before the election - I can think of no reason other than it being a slow news day.

You have to be a moron. There is no possible explanation for the fact that you think that a state senator - state, not united states, just state - and for a state few people in the united states could even identify as being a part of this country - you think this state senator has a conspiracy theory wrapped around him.

Moreover, this is about a part of the state generally acknowledged to be backwards and insignificant even by the country folk of this state, a state that really defines the entire concept of backwards and insignificant ... hold on, wait a sec - a state senator! - are you kidding? what makes you think this could make the dems shit themselves on the evening news. There is no plausible reason aside from the fact that you absolutely have to be a moron.

A state senator in South Dakota is the republican smoking gun scandal? A state senator? Why do we even have state senators in South Dakota? The South Dakota state senate is 35 guys(1/3 the population of the entire state) sitting around and talking about how it looks like it might rain later. This is a scandal?

The only thing that could possible make sense here is that y'all are trying to make republicans look so stupid that electing them in a few years would be an innocuous pity gesture.

You are making a big deal about a state senator in South Dakota? Hahahaha. You slay me. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Can you go dig up some dirt about a corrupt cement plant manager in Vladivostok while you are hot on the trail of the relevant?

SHOT DOWN!!!!

atg200

Nov 16, 2006, 8:01 PM
Post #20 of 25 (1547 views)
Shortcut

Re: [collegekid] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

oh no. i retract my post if collegetoddler is agreeing with me.

wjca

Nov 17, 2006, 8:56 AM
Post #21 of 25 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had to stop having sex with pages. I kept getting paper cuts on my dick. Ouch!! I hate it when that happens.

Partner j_ung

Nov 17, 2006, 7:00 PM
Post #22 of 25 (1483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

So... you don't think the fact that this at the state level in SOUTH DAKOTA, and that the catcher is a legal adult made any difference in why we didn't here about this a week ago? And do you truly think that a freaking state senator's unethical actions in bum-fuck nowhere would have influenced national elections?

This isn't rationalization on our parts. It's grasping for straws on yours.

mattyp

Dec 11, 2006, 4:14 AM
Post #23 of 25 (1377 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:

Curt

No Curt, I would say that we all lost, because all that happened was crooked Republicans were replaced by crooked Democrats. They all succeeded in duping the majority of the 40% of voters who actually voted this time around. Neither party is doing good for the country. They just claim that they are so they will get some more votes.

coopershawk

Dec 11, 2006, 1:01 PM
Post #24 of 25 (1357 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mattyp] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the only reason I voted democrat was to get some balance back in this country. I don't think they'll do any better than the republicans..in fact, I'd wager money on it. I just couldn't stand their association with the religious right anymore, and now that even the bible-thumpers are turning their backs on the war mongerers, I'm hoping that things will even out in a few years. Bush is an inept asshole, there is simply no denying that fact anymore. The man should have never been president in the first place, Iraq was a mistake, a HUGE mistake from the get go(but there's no civil war going on, just some unruly fuckers with AK's, mortars, anti-anticraft weapons, sophisticated communications and cooridation tactics, etc. etc. etc.), and now look what's happening. Almost 3,000 troops dead (averageing 4 a day), thousands of civilians dead, and we're still worried about pages getting corn-holed by horny state senators. Pretty damn funny, if you like black humor. Nero fiddled while Rome burned, right?
Who gives a shit what goes on between two adults (18 being old enough to die for no reason at all). By the way, I'll have prime Afghani opium in my hands in a few weeks, y'all!! Peace.

(This post was edited by coopershawk on Dec 11, 2006, 1:06 PM)

curt

Dec 11, 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #25 of 25 (1332 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mattyp] Why didn't we hear about this a week ago? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mattyp wrote:
curt wrote:

Curt

No Curt, I would say that we all lost, because all that happened was crooked Republicans were replaced by crooked Democrats. They all succeeded in duping the majority of the 40% of voters who actually voted this time around. Neither party is doing good for the country. They just claim that they are so they will get some more votes.

Brilliant analysis. Did that come from your dissertation?

Curt

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$11.66 (10% off)
$14.36 (10% off)
$210.56 (10% off)
$49.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook