RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bugs & Error Reports

Premier Sponsor:

dharmatreez

Nov 16, 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1277 views)
Shortcut

Photos and Routes in Limbo?!...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Quote | Reply

I have attempted to add several photos, a new section, and several new routes but have been getting mixed responses. Anyone else?

One thing I just noticed is that if you go to my profile, above the 5 most recent photos it says in () that I have 45 photos, which would account for the ones I think have been lost, but when you go to view all, you only get 39 photos.

Attempt a repost? Are they somewhere else on the site?

Another thing is how does one add to and tweak the general info, directions, and references for areas in the database, I had several that I have been developing over the last year, and there are left unfinished. Just PM the editor with the changes? It hasn't worked so far.

ddt

Nov 16, 2006, 8:23 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dharmatreez] Photos and Routes in Limbo?!... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Quote | Reply

Right now it might take a little while for your new submissions to be validated and be visible on the site. Please don't resubmit them. There's not bug, it's just a matter of someone manually reviewing and validating them.

For photos specifically there have been some shortcomings of the admin interface that are actively being worked on. Once done this will make it much easier for out photo editors to review and approve photos.

For routes, we have not set up everything yet for area managers to be able to review and approve submissions. We have one or two people covering the entire globe right now, which is obviously not scalable. As soon as we got our back-end processes sorted out things should come through quicker.

DDT

dharmatreez

Nov 16, 2006, 1:59 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] Photos and Routes in Limbo?!... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Quote | Reply

hi ddt

yes, patience was the thing for my pics, maybe i have a slight case of adult ADD.

as for the route database, once you do get it up and running if you need a PA area manager, let me know, i am on this site for the most part for beta contributions and have been trying to org PA for a year now and have developing relationships with locals for history and beta all over the state

thanks for the quick response and clearing things up for me

sangiro

Nov 16, 2006, 4:15 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dharmatreez] Photos and Routes in Limbo?!... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Quote | Reply

In reply to:
as for the route database, once you do get it up and running if you need a PA area manager

I think he's going to jump all over that one. Wink

Just a FYI for you guys here. We've implemented an enhancement that now makes it easy for photo editors to preview anything from 15 to 100 photos at the same time. This way they can enlarge and scrutinize only those that they have concerns about but should be able to do "mass" approvals a lot easier. Trust that will speed things up.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Bugs & Error Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook