Mike Richards reveals himself.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

mowz

Nov 22, 2006, 5:00 PM
Post #1 of 8 (812 views)
Shortcut

Adult Content
This post contains nudity or adult content. To protect the innocent we require that you register and turn off your Adult Content Filter to read it.

cintune

Nov 22, 2006, 6:33 PM
Post #2 of 8 (795 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mowz] Mike Richards reveals himself. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphey got away with it plenty of times. The only difference was that they were really funny. Richards' problem was that it wasn't funny, but it seems like he was trying to make it work in a Lenny Bruce improv kind of way. Tough crowd, though, and he took it too far without delivering anything genuinely satirical.

Partner macherry

Nov 22, 2006, 7:53 PM
Post #3 of 8 (791 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cintune] Mike Richards reveals himself. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the guy looked as if he had a total meltdown on stage.

what a fecking train wreck

ddt

Nov 22, 2006, 9:27 PM
Post #4 of 8 (777 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cintune] Mike Richards reveals himself. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Richards' problem was that it wasn't funny, but it seems like he was trying to make it work in a Lenny Bruce improv kind of way. Tough crowd, though, and he took it too far without delivering anything genuinely satirical.

I agree. He kept trying and it just went further downhill. Sad.

curt

Nov 22, 2006, 9:48 PM
Post #5 of 8 (772 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mowz] Mike Richards reveals himself. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...If it had been a black man up on stage calling a white man racial slurs, he would have been tossed out in a heartbeat and NO ONE would have been on Letterman, or the media, defending him...

I think you have this exactly backwards. If a black man was up on the stage yelling at white people and calling honkeys, crackers, or anything else, you would have never even heard about the incident.

Curt

(This post was edited by curt on Nov 22, 2006, 10:44 PM)

petsfed

Nov 24, 2006, 9:11 AM
Post #6 of 8 (716 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Mike Richards reveals himself. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
...If it had been a black man up on stage calling a white man racial slurs, he would have been tossed out in a heartbeat and NO ONE would have been on Letterman, or the media, defending him...

I think you have this exactly backwards. If a black man was up on the stage yelling at white people and calling honkeys, crackers, or anything else, you would have never even heard about the incident.

Curt

In fact, it would've been met with uproarious laughter. I just find it humourous that the people were pissed off at him for not being funny (the heckling spurred the outburst), yet they paid to see him.

gunkiemike

Nov 24, 2006, 1:35 PM
Post #7 of 8 (699 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Mike Richards reveals himself. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Curt

More likely it would be a prime time feature on BET network. Can you say "Chris Rock"?

But it's all OK if it makes folks laugh...right??

Partner macherry

Nov 24, 2006, 2:14 PM
Post #8 of 8 (696 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gunkiemike] Mike Richards reveals himself. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i saw on cnn that lawyer gloria allred (sp?) was getting evolved, specifically for a lawyer money grubbing grab for supposed damages.

yeah, it was a train wreck, but to get money for racial slurs and damages for "hurt" feelings/emotional distress...............WTF!?!?!?! Thats just insane

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook