Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Go Vertical.... Go Somewhere else!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

dan4geng

Nov 27, 2006, 9:48 AM
Post #1 of 1 (886 views)
Shortcut

Go Vertical.... Go Somewhere else!  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southeastern_Region: Go_Vertical_Indoor_Rock_Climbing)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I made the mistake of climbing here over thanksgiving break and found many reasons why i hate this gym. I had been there once before and both times my experience was pretty similar.
my complaints are as follows

- People: the staff was either unfriendly or just plain jerks
- Price: $17 for a day pass is a bit steep
- Rules: Shirts must be worn at all times?
You arenít allowed to skip clips even though they are placed ridiculously close together (less then five feet)...

For top-roping you donít tie in but use two double locking bineers, and they have the rope double rapped around causing more friction. Call it redundancy but to me it seems like the bineers are often loaded incorrectly and belaying with that much friction is annoying. Is it really that hard to tie a figure eight knot?

For bouldering your feet arenít supposed to get higher than 5 feet above the ground.??? Hello the ground is freaking padded

- Routes/grading: very inconsistent grading. the lead routes are mostly jug hauls. The route setters dont seem to know how to set a technical face climb. The hardest lead route i saw was a 5.11 and the route went far out of the way of the third clip.

Because of their height restriction on the bouldering the wall was way short.
----------------------------------------------------------
To their credit... despite being all jug hauls, the lead was pretty entertaining especially if the climb out underneath on the arch.

Its definitely not work the $17 it costs to climb here... go somewhere else

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook