RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bugs & Error Reports

Premier Sponsor:

saxfiend

Nov 28, 2006, 4:05 PM
Post #1 of 2 (941 views)
Shortcut

Regional Discussions -- Not Linked to Regions
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it looks that way. Threads posted in the Regional Discussions forum do not show any indication of what region or area they're referring to.

On the old rc.com, you would see something next to the topic along the lines of "this thread refers to Stone Mountain" or whatever area the person posted to. Now, there's no indication whatsoever, so you see replies asking "WTF are you talking about?"

For an example of this, see the thread titled "mythical?" in Regional Discussions.

JL

thomasribiere

Nov 28, 2006, 6:02 PM
Post #2 of 2 (939 views)
Shortcut

Re: [saxfiend] Regional Discussions -- Not Linked to Regions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Quote | Reply

This is known and it's not a bug. There's must be a thread about that in this forum or in the SUggestions Forum.

It's not a current feature but must become one pretty quick as it is very annoying not to see to what Region/Area/Section the thread is referring to.
My opinion is that the best solution would to see the name of the Region/Area/Section in the title of the thread, so I don't even have to open the thread if the crag doesn't interest me...

The new way to post in that forum (from the route DB and not directly) is a step to avoid unlinked threads, but of course if the link doesn't appear, it's not worth!

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Bugs & Error Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook