Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
Overall, how do you feel the new website compares with the old website?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Poll: Overall, do you feel the new website compares with the old website?
The new site is much better than the old site. 18 / 33%
The new site is somewhat better than the old site. 5 / 9%
There is not much difference in quality between the new site and the old site. 1 / 2%
The new site is somewhat worse that the old site. 13 / 24%
The new site is much worse than the old site. 17 / 31%
54 total votes

jt512

Dec 4, 2006, 8:23 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1104 views)
Shortcut

Overall, how do you feel the new website compares with the old website?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

(This post was edited by jt512 on Dec 4, 2006, 8:24 AM)

Partner coldclimb

Dec 4, 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1053 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Overall, how do you feel the new website compares with the old website? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've gotta go with "much worse, but it has potential" as I'm sure they'll fix the worse parts in time. Currently, however, it's lame. If we're given back what was taken away with the new code and owner decisions, that and the advantages and features that come with the new site will make it much better. We'll see. Tongue

climbsomething

Dec 4, 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #3 of 9 (964 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Overall, how do you feel the new website compares with the old website? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the new site has LOADS of potential but "they" squandered a lot of goodwill with displays of totalitarianism and an overall bad attitude.

Partner j_ung

Dec 4, 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #4 of 9 (943 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I must admit, I'm very surprised! It seems users who think the new site is much betteroutnumber ay other single opinion by almost two to one. Does this validate the theory that those who don't like it are vocal, but a minority?

Even I didn't pick "much better."

climbsomething

Dec 4, 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #5 of 9 (936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Overall, how do you feel the new website compares with the old website? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Much "faster" is not the same as much "better." Nor does "potential" equal "actual product."

Partner coldclimb

Dec 5, 2006, 7:21 AM
Post #6 of 9 (897 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] Overall, how do you feel the new website compares with the old website? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbsomething wrote:
Much "faster" is not the same as much "better." Nor does "potential" equal "actual product."

Indeed. I don't think even the owners would say that right now the site is much better. It's a work in progress, starting almost from scratch, so it'll take time to get there, if it does. The potential is there, for sure, but right now, it's not much fun.

thomasribiere

Dec 5, 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #7 of 9 (886 views)
Shortcut

Re: [coldclimb] Overall, how do you feel the new website compares with the old website? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

coldclimb wrote:
It's a work in progress, starting almost from scratch, so it'll take time to get there, if it does. The potential is there, for sure, but right now, it's not much fun.
I agree. Actually, it's more work than pleasure!

Partner j_ung

Dec 5, 2006, 5:27 PM
Post #8 of 9 (866 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Overall, how do you feel the new website compares with the old website? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
I must admit, I'm very surprised! It seems users who think the new site is much betteroutnumber ay other single opinion by almost two to one. Does this validate the theory that those who don't like it are vocal, but a minority?

Further along and things have reversed somewhat. This is more in line with what I thought I'd see, but still a little surprising to me.

(This post was edited by j_ung on Dec 5, 2006, 5:28 PM)

jt512

Dec 5, 2006, 6:05 PM
Post #9 of 9 (849 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
j_ung wrote:

Further along and things have reversed somewhat. This is more in line with what I thought I'd see, but still a little surprising to me.

Probably the best way to analyze these 5-point scales is to compare the top 2 boxes vs the bottom 2. So, at present, 45% of respondents think the new site is better, versus 55% who think it is worse.

Unfortunately, rrrAdam's discovery that, until ddt fixed it yesterday, people could vote repeatedly, makes it too likely that the results could have been biased by fraudulent votes.

Jay

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook