RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

preacherman

Dec 5, 2006, 6:50 PM
Post #1 of 1 (582 views)
Shortcut

BEWARE OF ARC
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

WARNING: DO NOT TRY TO BUY OR SELL ANYTHING TO SOMEONE USING THE ID: ARC

This creep has been scamming climbers on www.cascadeclimbers.com for quite sometime. I think I've seen his posts on rc.com, as well.

Believe NOTHING he says. He may be using the real-life name of Jose Cruz or Joe or Joey Cruz. This may or may not be his real name.

He is successful not only scamming climbers out of money and/or gear (which he then sells as his own) but he is also at work in the community. He usually sets up scams via the internet, often with women. His style is to do odd-jobs, yard work, babysitting, etc., to get access to people's homes while he runs internet scams on their computer system!

Any address given regarding a sale or purchase may or may not be his own but you can be sure that as soon as there is any suspicion cast on him, he takes off and starts all over again elsewhere. That means you'll never see your money or gear again.

If you are involved with ARC, you may get any number of reasons/excuses for not paying you or returning your gear. He is believable when he talks about his troubles with job, family or whatever. However, I have learned that: he is not married; he has no known children; he has never been a guide; neither he nor any relative is ill or otherwise suffering; he has no reliable job; there are no credible references or friends...the list goes on!

I was lucky. I sold him a sleeping bag but did not get payment. I tracked him down via telephone and internet searches and was fortunate to find him while he was being supported by retail shop owner. The shop owner said he would make sure I either got my money or my sleeping bag back - and, shortly thereafter, I got my bag.

JUST BE AWARE that this ARC is a predatory criminal who will scam you in a heartbeat.

If you have been scammed or are currently involved with ARC, call your local law enforcement and file a complaint.

For more info., go to www.cascadeclimbers.com and read the "BEWARE" posts.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook