Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
bilgers not overlooked by central pa climbers
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

BoulderingBowers

Dec 7, 2006, 9:47 AM
Post #1 of 2 (860 views)
Shortcut

bilgers not overlooked by central pa climbers  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southcentral_Region: Bilgers_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

We just usually go to other areas. Bilger's is ok but is often wet and doesn't offer the problem quality and quanity we are used to.

dharmatreez

Dec 7, 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #2 of 2 (845 views)
Shortcut

Re: [BoulderingBowers] bilgers not overlooked by central pa climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sorry BoulderingBowers, it wasn't meant to be provocative and a call out of central pa climbers, just did not see alot of evidence of other climbers, but now that i have spent a season there, i have seen a few other climbers...

a father with two 3 foot high rambling kids (having a blast on TR), a boyscout group, and several others top roping and some chalk marks from some other not seen boulderers

maybe that line should be removed in the info...

i has just thought that it could be overlooked by new climbers in central PA, its great for that if your close, there is no approach time, solid trees and boulders for practicing anchor set-ups, the routes are short and keeps noobs from pumping out, and is non-climber friendly if you have tag-a-longs with you, lots of non-technical scrambling and cracks to crawl around on and thru, but some one as experienced as yourself would certainly not entertain a trip, there is better boulders close by and it does not compare to Hunters for quality and quantity of rock and problems at all in central PA, but i wouldn't discourage all climbers from visiting

and yes...it can be wet for awhile after a rain, but the Duke dries out nice and quickly, its open and gets good sun most of the day, the Ditch, well you get the point, it can be damp for a few days after a good rain and dirty business to climb there

i am bias, it is only 30 minutes from me and when i can't find a partner and i'm bored, its where i naturally migrate of course

happy trails and safe climbing

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook