RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

amy

Dec 8, 2006, 9:12 PM
Post #1 of 4 (367 views)
Shortcut

summer 2007 trip suggestions
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i have a month off during the summer of 2007. i will be off in either july or september. i live near yosemite and i don't know too much about the colorado/wyoming area, but that is where i am planning to head. i definitely want to hit the tetons and devils tower, and if it works out, back to city of rocks or down to indian creek. i was wondering if some of you locals might have some suggestions on some climbing areas off the beaten path? somebody recomdend something called south platte (i think?) in colorado. i'm looking primarily for trad, anwhere from 5.7 to 11a/b. longish (10 pitches or so) moderates are my favorite. thanks for any input guys. :) amy

climbtaylorc

Dec 10, 2006, 4:57 AM
Post #2 of 4 (329 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amy] summer 2007 trip suggestions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WinkHey, Check out Harmels Taylor Canyon Rock Climbing. There is a brief description of the routes. DefWinkinately off the beaten path. Pitches up to three or four at the most. Three pitch sport climb in the area. The place is never really buisy. It's great. I go climbing there quite a bit up to 5.13 trad. Lots of sport too. Then their is Hartmans rocks. Then there is the Black Canyon about an hour away. Just as comparable to Yosem. Probabaly more dangerous do to the inevitable hike out or unplaned bivy in your rope bag if you can't complete the climb. Always looking for climbing partners and love to show you around if your this way. I have a friend that guides in Utah, look up castle valley, onion creek. All this is with in four hours of where I live in Gunnison County, 1 hr from the Black Canyon and 20 min from Crested Butte Ski Resort. Anyhow , I have some connections in the Tetons as well, park service etc... There is also great alpine routes in the San Juans, Telluride/Ouray Area. About two hrs. from Gunnison. Good Luck and Safe Travels
In reply to:
. Look me up..Later.

ggriff

Dec 12, 2006, 5:29 PM
Post #3 of 4 (318 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amy] summer 2007 trip suggestions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All of Wyoming is off the beaten path except the Tetons and Devils Tower. West of Casper is Fremont Canyon. A crowded day is two other people climbing. The Rattlesnakes are also west and seldom visited and there is a lot of granite. Have fun, maybe we'll see each other.

anykineclimb

Dec 15, 2006, 4:15 PM
Post #4 of 4 (303 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ggriff] summer 2007 trip suggestions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

theres definately some good stuff in the SPlatte. Check out Sheeps Nose or Cynical Pinnacle. theres some stuff on this route database, but check out mountain project for more.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook