Dec 13, 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #1 of 1
Some quick updates regarding changes we are making based on user feedback. Some of these are already implemented, and other we expect to roll out within the next few days:
1. We are opening the routes database for new route submissions without validation, as a first step in the process of making it easier for users to submit information. Modifications to routes will still require review and approval for now because we don't have the necessary functionality to prevent loss of "good" data. Also, the addition of regions, areas and sections still require manual intervention from editors until we've completed the functionality that would allow users to make these updates directly.
2. We will open the Injuries and Accidents forum to guest users. From your feedback it is clear that unwanted media attention is not a major concern. We agree that it should not be a hassle for family members and friends (who might not be registred on rc.com) to access this forum.
A few other issues that were recently fixed:
- Video upload problems were fixed
- The Forum spell checker no longer crashes IE
- The issues with embedding photos in articles were fixed
- The ratings display of videos and articles were fixed
- The ability for users to delete their comments on photos (will soon follow for videos and articles)
See my previous update for more information about our other priorities and the remaining list of items we are currently focusing on.
PS: Since this post is in the announcements forum you won't be able to reply to it here. Please use the regular forums to share your thoughts and questions and continue to share your feedback.
(This post was edited by ddt on Dec 21, 2006, 9:34 AM)