Premier Sponsor:

iceisnice

Dec 27, 2006, 8:45 AM
Post #1 of 1 (199 views)
Shortcut

Today
Report this Post
Can't Post

Tomorrow is the day. Or is it just another day? Another day of hopeful desires and needs unfulfilled. I will wake, nervous with anticipation, but excited about the prospects. Will I succeed today? Or will fear, once again, send me kicking and screaming (crying?) back to the comforts I so easily left at home.

Its my addiction.........and its misunderstood. Its misunderstood by my friends and family. Its misrepresented by the media and public. Its condemned by those living their marginalized lives. I've given up my friends and family. Not for climbing, but for the freedom to act selfishly. I'm not proud about that. Obsession isn't appreciated in this society. Its association is with "wrongful" deeds and feelings. But obsession has created so much of the world we live in. Both beautiful and dark. I don't remember a life without it. I love with great intensity, but so do I hate. The extremes drive me to incredible highs and lows and few can handle the effects. In calm moments I fear those intense times, but at the same time, I know they will drive me. I'm not a great man, nor will I do great things........by other people's standards. My accomplishments are trivial to many, but each one was an act of courage and passion that only I will know.

So, today is just another day. Just another day spent with friends in beautiful surroundings. Just another day tied into the rope. Just another day that will feel so intense I will remember it for the rest of days.

(This post was edited by iceisnice on Dec 27, 2006, 8:47 AM)

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$24.26 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook