Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

curt

Dec 27, 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #76 of 87 (4645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] mad rock shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

billcoe_ wrote:
Shame on you 2. Especially you Curt. As a mod I'd think you'd know better. Maybe someone with some sense can delete your posts for you...

I'm not a mod here, Bill. If you're going to try and scold me, please at least try to understand what is going on around you.

billcoe wrote:
akaerik21 has a total of 5 posts and asks a simple question about mad rock shoes. He really just wants some information. Jims first post wasn't read as a huge slam Curt, just simple truths he thinks about the shoes, until you engaged him. Shame on you both...

Are we even reading the same thread, Bill? Jim's initial post was not really about the Mad Rock shoes at all--it was merely a re-expression of the continued contempt he has for Joe Garland. I call BS.

billcoe wrote:
It's like you are trying to show each other who has the biggest dick, but I'll surprise you by saying that to everybody reading this - your stupid, pointless, drivel -laden, tit-for-tat arguement, controversy, contention, contestation, disputation or whatever it is: shows that neither of you really have dicks. Or manners. Good on Joe (Madrock) for showing up and trying to answer the question without being sucked into a stupid, putrid, disgusting, revolting, nauseating and pointless yawing black hole display of ignorance.

And how nice of you to chime in with a post that only digs that hole just a little bit deeper. I don't see any useful information about Mad Rock shoes in your post anywhere, Bill. It's actually pretty funny that you choose to post a personal attack aimed at me as means of criticising personal attack posting. I think that's called the pot calling the kettle black.

Curt

Dec 27, 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #77 of 87 (4640 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] mad rock shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Thanks--I'm quite proud of that one. Oh, by the way, they were Merrells, Jim. Only a fucking lunatic would try to belay with Reeboks.

We (now just me) could have used that information earlier. Thanks! Mad

Anyone looking for a new partner. I got all the gear. I just need to get some new belay shoes.

rgbscan

Dec 27, 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #78 of 87 (4633 views)
Shortcut

Re: [akaerik21] mad rock shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I started 3 years ago with a pair of Mad Rock Phoenixes and also picked up a pair of 5.10 Spires around the same (so I could try both, and my buddy would have a pair to borrow when we went craggin. Both shoes have held up pretty well. They're definitely worn from noob abuse, but 3 years later they still have some rubber on them. Don't really use them much anymore. Once in a while someone will bring a noob friend and will squeeze into those shoes though, and they still work. So for all those people saying they fall apart I have no idea what they are talking about.

billcoe_

Dec 27, 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #79 of 87 (4620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:

And how nice of you to chime in with a post that only digs that hole just a little bit deeper. I don't see any useful information about Mad Rock shoes in your post anywhere, Bill. It's actually pretty funny that you choose to post a personal attack aimed at me as means of criticising personal attack posting. I think that's called the pot calling the kettle black.

Curt

Ha ha, got me, so true. Sly, Kettle- black. but you might take a day off and go re-read this thread.

awilson86

Dec 28, 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #80 of 87 (4615 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

we could charge people money to read this thread and make out like bandits.
nothing better then watching 2 grown men going "i know you are but what am i!?"

Partner blazesod

Dec 28, 2006, 12:35 AM
Post #81 of 87 (4611 views)
Shortcut

Re: [medicus] mad rock shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

medicus wrote:
<snip> The shoes get too lose at just a half size down, and will give me "farting" noises (for a lack of a better term) when I come off the rocks onto the ground.<snip>

Hey Medicus,
Wearing a pair of socks should snug up your shoes after they have stretched. That could prevent the proverbial whoopee-cushion-effect from recurring. If said effect was only a cover, you might want to cut down on the super taco's before climbing. Laugh

Back on topic,
I own 4 pairs of 'shoes' that I frequently climb in: Mad Rock Hookers, 5.10 spires, 5.10 teenies and wall boots. I bought the Mad Rock shoes because they were so cheap. They work well enough but I usually climb better in my teenies than the others. I attribute this to balance between comfort and performance.

My advice (for your friend) is, "try any shoe in a semi-comfort fit." It will let you climb longer without wanting to peel them off at every chance. If they stretch out and become too loose, start wearing socks with them.

Cheers,
Dave :)

medicus

Dec 28, 2006, 4:42 AM
Post #82 of 87 (4601 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blazesod] mad rock shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lol, thanks... it's not a cover up, I wouldn't care if it were a real one, it's just a really annoying sound and feeling. I might try socks, but I've never worn socks when wearing climbing shoes.

bill413

Dec 28, 2006, 3:38 PM
Post #83 of 87 (4583 views)
Shortcut

Re: [112] mad rock shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

112 wrote:
curt wrote:
Thanks--I'm quite proud of that one. Oh, by the way, they were Merrells, Jim. Only a fucking lunatic would try to belay with Reeboks.

We (now just me) could have used that information earlier. Thanks! Mad

Anyone looking for a new partner. I got all the gear. I just need to get some new belay shoes.
Man, I miss the trophies.Laugh

billcoe_

Dec 28, 2006, 4:20 PM
Post #84 of 87 (4573 views)
Shortcut

Re: [awilson86] mad rock shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

awilson86 wrote:

I have fixed that issue:

Mail your checks to:
Bill Coe
The couch by the fire under the rock at the back
Beacon Rock, WA USA

Trying to help out anyway I can.

BTW, edited to add, just stumbled over this pic and of all the damn things to find: so in a further attempt to help my brothers here: hese is the famous issue of Hot Belayer magazine with the famous Curt Shannon foot belay, you decide if it really was a Merril or not.

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/...00/6299Belayer_3.jpg

(This post was edited by billcoe_ on Dec 28, 2006, 4:43 PM)

curt

Dec 28, 2006, 5:51 PM
Post #85 of 87 (4563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

billcoe_ wrote:
awilson86 wrote:

I have fixed that issue:

Mail your checks to:
Bill Coe
The couch by the fire under the rock at the back
Beacon Rock, WA USA

Trying to help out anyway I can.

BTW, edited to add, just stumbled over this pic and of all the damn things to find: so in a further attempt to help my brothers here: hese is the famous issue of Hot Belayer magazine with the famous Curt Shannon foot belay, you decide if it really was a Merril or not.

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/...00/6299Belayer_3.jpg

Nice picture--and they are Merrells, dammit all. Also, Jim and I better get a decent percentage of the gate, for providing the entertainment value here.

Curt

billcoe_

Dec 28, 2006, 6:12 PM
Post #86 of 87 (4558 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Nice picture--and they are Merrells, dammit all. Also, Jim and I better get a decent percentage of the gate, for providing the entertainment value here.

Curt

Hey I'll take care of ya and make sure you guys both get a cut off the top Curt. You should consider contacting Merrell directly for an addtional slice of that promotional pie. Pretty good pic there too.

Now get back to tearing him a new asshole will ya cause the moneys already starting to dry up under the rock here damnit.

billcoe_

Jul 19, 2013, 2:23 AM
Post #87 of 87 (3985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Haha, BUMP! and was lapping Beacon yesterday with my boy. 2 torn rotator cuffs in play. A search brings up this interplay of a thread, and I think it may have been voted the moment that RC.Com was flushed into the toilet. Is Jiimdavis around or did the pain of getting a new one ripped by Curt cause a meltdown?

curt wrote:
That's a fair question, Jim. In all honesty, you could actually know what you're talking about, but just hide it extremely well.

Curt

ZING!!!!!

curt wrote:
My Australian Cattle Dog challenges my intelligence more than you do, Jim. ...
Curt
OUCH!!!!

billcoe_ wrote:
Shame on you 2. Especially you Curt. As a mod I'd think you'd know better. Maybe someone with some sense can delete your posts for you.

akaerik21 has a total of 5 posts and asks a simple question about mad rock shoes. He really just wants some information. Jims first post wasn't read as a huge slam Curt, just simple truths he thinks about the shoes, until you engaged him. Shame on you both.

It's like you are trying to show each other who has the biggest dick, but I'll surprise you by saying that to everybody reading this - your stupid, pointless, drivel -laden, tit-for-tat arguement, controversy, contention, contestation, disputation or whatever it is: shows that neither of you really have dicks. Or manners.

Good on Joe (Madrock) for showing up and trying to answer the question without being sucked into a stupid, putrid, disgusting, revolting, nauseating and pointless yawing black hole display of ignorance.

akaerik21, there's some wheat in the chaff inbewteen up there thats good info. Getting a good pair of shoes that fit you and make you happy would be #1 on the list. Good luck to the roomate.

Clearly serious people suck. These guys were having a slugfest of Homeric proportions with some world class Zingers tossed in, I should have stayed butted out. Dohhh.

billcoe_ wrote:
BYW:

I've been wanting to try an Acopa shoe, mostly to help out Bachar, but haven't had a need for a new shoe, people seem to like them.

Dayum, got several now. My boy was wearing the Acopa jbs yesterday with me. Prefer Evolvs myself:-)

Carry on!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook