RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

Partner tisar

Dec 28, 2006, 2:59 PM
Post #1 of 16 (7954 views)
Shortcut

RDB Germany - Critique
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi folks.

I'm currently working hard on the route database for Germany. If you got any material for me, feel free to pm/mail/whatever me with whatever you have.

For minor changes and additions I opend this thread - in the hope you'll help me with your input.

Thanks!

Daniel

thomasribiere

Dec 28, 2006, 6:04 PM
Post #2 of 16 (7939 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tisar] RDB Germany - Critique [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've climbed a bunch of routes in the Fränkische in the past years. Is it the kind of things you are interested in?

Partner tisar

Dec 29, 2006, 8:13 AM
Post #3 of 16 (7933 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] RDB Germany - Critique [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you wanna add them - sure. The more the better.
Tell me if you need me to add an area/section. I try to sort things in the Fränkische Schweiz according to the databse frankenjura.com.

But I'm looking more for information on areas at whole, rock quality, accommodation, traveling, good restaurants, secret breweries and stuff. Or simply good internet resources.

Anything you got Wink

- Daniel

overlord

Dec 29, 2006, 9:09 AM
Post #4 of 16 (7927 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well a friend of mine was there a year ago and he still raves about the sthrudel(sp) he ate in one restaurantCool

ill ask him where it was, if its helpfull.

Partner tisar

Dec 29, 2006, 9:19 AM
Post #5 of 16 (7925 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] RDB Germany - Critique [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
well a friend of mine was there a year ago and he still raves about the sthrudel(sp) he ate in one restaurantCool

I thought of putting a 'local food specialties' paragraph into every State description. Strudel (or Apfelstrudel) definitely will make it into the Bavarian overview. It's pretty common over there and suuuuper tasty (comes with vanilla ice, yummy). But if he's got a special tip on where to gget the best - even better. I'll take care of a quality validation next season Wink

- Daniel

overlord

Dec 29, 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #6 of 16 (7920 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tisar wrote:
overlord wrote:

I thought of putting a 'local food specialties' paragraph into every State description. Strudel (or Apfelstrudel) definitely will make it into the Bavarian overview. It's pretty common over there and suuuuper tasty (comes with vanilla ice, yummy). But if he's got a special tip on where to gget the best - even better. I'll take care of a quality validation next season Wink

- Daniel

that is a good idea... ill have to think how to implement this for slovenias RDB as there are some places that are regular 'climbers hangouts' (meaning that if you go for a bite after a day of cragging, 99% of the time youll go to one of those places) that no one coming here should miss.

and my grandmother makes the best studelTongueim going to have to give vanilla ice a try... sounds like a treat.

Partner tisar

Dec 29, 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #7 of 16 (7918 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
and my grandmother makes the best studelTongueim going to have to give vanilla ice a try... sounds like a treat.

Oh, you gotsta try it! hot Strudel with vanilla ice... Sorry, out for lunch, I'm drooling all over the keyboard...

- Daniel

petje

Dec 29, 2006, 6:09 PM
Post #8 of 16 (7907 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I told you, i have the coordinates of all rocks in FJ and Almost all area's in germany. If that isn't enough....

sbaclimber

Dec 29, 2006, 9:59 PM
Post #9 of 16 (7902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn, Daniel, you have been busy! Cool

In reply to:
I told you, i have the coordinates of all rocks in FJ and Almost all area's in germany. If that isn't enough....
Petje, just go enter the coordinates yourself.
Daniel and I do not need to enter them as AMs, we just need to approve them once they are in the system.

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Dec 29, 2006, 10:21 PM)

rjschl

Jun 1, 2007, 6:27 AM
Post #10 of 16 (7781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello all, I'm new to this site and fairly new to climbing. I live in Bamberg on the edge of Frankishe Schwiez "Little Swiss". What info you need on the area let me know, I sport climb/top rope out there almost every weekend with my wife and some friends. We mostly climb 4s to 7- (UIAA). There are several great books that can be purchased detailing routes, bolts, on over 400 sites. A great place for more info is Roland's Climbing store in downtown Bamberg.

Partner tisar

Jun 1, 2007, 6:58 AM
Post #11 of 16 (7777 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rjschl] RDB Germany - Critique [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rjschl wrote:
Hello all, I'm new to this site and fairly new to climbing. I live in Bamberg on the edge of Frankishe Schwiez "Little Swiss". What info you need on the area let me know, I sport climb/top rope out there almost every weekend with my wife and some friends. We mostly climb 4s to 7- (UIAA). There are several great books that can be purchased detailing routes, bolts, on over 400 sites. A great place for more info is Roland's Climbing store in downtown Bamberg.

Hi!

Welcome to climbing and rc.com!

Don't know how munch work you are willing to put into, so it would probably be great if you'd just start with your "home crag" (I know, FJ is like 500 home crags for every place...) and add some info on that.

Note that the FJ is structured according the areas/section etc. given on frankenjura.com. Here you also find tons of additional information like FAs and stuff.

Important: Add the original rating behind the route's name - like (6+) for UIAA rating or (6a) for French rating. I want to provide those since I doubt that ratings are really comparable. Else... now, I doubt we'll be able to add all routes of Germany, so general descriptions of areas and tipps on the highlights (be it climbing, eating or drinking) would be more useful on the long run.

Have fun in Bavaria! I love the area, and yes, the climbing is superb. Erbse: "The Frankenjure is easy to the fingers - at least to remaining eight of them." ;D

- Daniel

petje

Jun 1, 2007, 9:34 AM
Post #12 of 16 (7772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i spoke to Sebastian Schwertner last week, and he says the newest update of the FJ-guide will have at least 8000 routes and around 750 climbingsites.

so 400-500 is a little underestimated.

overlord

Jun 1, 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #13 of 16 (7767 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petje] RDB Germany - Critique [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petje wrote:
i spoke to Sebastian Schwertner last week, and he says the newest update of the FJ-guide will have at least 8000 routes and around 750 climbingsites.

so 400-500 is a little underestimated.

wow. how big is the book going to be?

Partner tisar

Jun 1, 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #14 of 16 (7765 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
wow. how big is the book going to be?

Fortunately they decided to make it two volumes long time ago. Still a huge Mofo... Tongue

- Daniel

steady_climbing

Jun 5, 2007, 9:03 PM
Post #15 of 16 (7734 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"I myselff have lived in in Frankenjura for about eight years. I also have a bit of knowledge of the Pfalz area. I can describe in detail most of the areas in Fj and lots of great foods and beers that someone may find. I have helped you a bit with the data base and I plane to offer more of my services. Give me a little time and I will hop on it...

Partner tisar

Jun 6, 2007, 7:22 AM
Post #16 of 16 (7727 views)
Shortcut

Re: [steady_climbing] RDB Germany - Critique [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess you mean things like:

rdb wrote:
If you are in the Würgau area check out the Hartman brewery in the village. They have EXCELLENT beer and Fränkische food.

PERFECT! This is exactly the kind of information a climber of format needs when coming into town. Wink

[Homer voice] hmmmm. Franken-Food, Franken-Beer [/]

- Daniel

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook