Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
It is done...(Saddam)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All


hangerlessbolt


Dec 29, 2006, 7:10 PM
Post #1 of 51 (1439 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 2, 2001
Posts: 7255

It is done...(Saddam)
Report this Post
Can't Post

...Saddam is dead


traddad


Dec 29, 2006, 7:16 PM
Post #2 of 51 (1434 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2001
Posts: 7129

Re: [hangerlessbolt] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mission Accomplished! Have the flacks in the copy center gin up a banner! Get W's flight suit and codpiece ready!

WE'RE WINNING THE WAR ON TERROR, I TELL YA!


dr_feelgood


Dec 29, 2006, 7:17 PM
Post #3 of 51 (1431 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25627

Re: [traddad] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn... and here i thought the Iraq Study Group had advised the Diplomatic Mulligan strategy.

Are the Videos up on YouTube yet?


reno


Dec 29, 2006, 7:32 PM
Post #4 of 51 (1422 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2001
Posts: 18283

Re: [hangerlessbolt] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Shit.

I was really hoping that they'd replace that Waterford Crystal ball in Times Square with Sadaam.

Nice, loud countdown, with throngs of screaming people, and national TV coverage with Dick Clark rocking to the hits.

Oh, well. Rest in hell, Sadaam.


Partner nate_1979


Dec 29, 2006, 8:36 PM
Post #5 of 51 (1390 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 27, 2005
Posts: 44

Re: [hangerlessbolt] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, they don't waste any time do they..

It is amazing to me though that with everything they could of had against him, he got put to death for the killing of 148 people


htotsu


Dec 29, 2006, 8:56 PM
Post #6 of 51 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 10, 2005
Posts: 673

Re: [hangerlessbolt] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So here we are again. Now that there's no Saddam to distract the public, I wonder what will happen next to keep people from remembering that the search for Osama Bin Laden continues.


areyoumydude


Dec 29, 2006, 9:30 PM
Post #7 of 51 (1362 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 27, 2003
Posts: 1971

Re: [hangerlessbolt] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, he came in third place as Americas worst villain. I wonder what will happen to the top two.

#1 George Bush

#2 Osama


(This post was edited by areyoumydude on Dec 29, 2006, 9:57 PM)


wjca


Dec 29, 2006, 9:50 PM
Post #8 of 51 (1353 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 27, 2005
Posts: 7533

Re: [areyoumydude] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Their appeals process is unbelievable.

Court: "Guilty! Death by hanging."

Sadam: "Your honor, I wish to appeal the verdict."

Court: "Okay. You're still guilty. Death by hanging before the weekend is over."

Sadam: "Thank you your honor for the consideration."

Sadam: Dead.



If he were in the US, he'd die in prison from pancreatic cancer before we executed him.


kr0g3r


Dec 29, 2006, 9:56 PM
Post #9 of 51 (1349 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 3, 2006
Posts: 142

Re: [wjca] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
If he were in the US, he'd die in prison from pancreatic cancer before we executed him.


Thats only because of all of the bueracrtic bullshit people can pull. Like every appeal MUST be heard kind of shit.

Some people deserve to die quick.Though I am against the death penalty.

I think he should have rotted in a cell for the rest of his life.


curt


Dec 29, 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #10 of 51 (1336 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [areyoumydude] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

areyoumydude wrote:
Well, he came in third place as Americas worst villain. I wonder what will happen to the top two.

#1 George Bush

#2 Osama

#1 - A comfortable retirement in Texas with Secret Service protection, $50,000 or so per speech, and a multi-million dollar presidential library.

#2 - A small cave somewhere in northern Pakistan, with a few goats.

I guess the moral of the story is to aim high--and never settle for #2.

Curt


(This post was edited by curt on Dec 29, 2006, 10:20 PM)


overlord


Dec 29, 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #11 of 51 (1324 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 14120

Re: [wjca] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
Their appeals process is unbelievable.

Court: "Guilty! Death by hanging."

Sadam: "Your honor, I wish to appeal the verdict."

Court: "Okay. You're still guilty. Death by hanging before the weekend is over."

Sadam: "Thank you your honor for the consideration."

Sadam: Dead.



If he were in the US, he'd die in prison from pancreatic cancer before we executed him.

well, the whole process was a farce, so im not suprised at the swiftness of the execution. they really wanted him dead.

and i just posted a similar thread in the soapbox, before checking out this forumTongue


Partner philbox
Moderator

Dec 30, 2006, 3:56 AM
Post #12 of 51 (1302 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 26, 2002
Posts: 13104

Re: [overlord] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
and i just posted a similar thread in the soapbox, before checking out this forumTongue

Soapbox is where this belongs and so it has been moved.


g


Dec 30, 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #13 of 51 (1261 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 15, 2006
Posts: 270

Re: [curt] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
areyoumydude wrote:
Well, he came in third place as Americas worst villain. I wonder what will happen to the top two.

#1 George Bush

#2 Osama

#1 - A comfortable retirement in Texas with Secret Service protection, $50,000 or so per speech, and a multi-million dollar presidential library.

#2 - A small cave somewhere in northern Pakistan, with a few goats.

I guess the moral of the story is to aim high--and never settle for #2.

Curt
Bush spent most of his life not aiming at anything, both in terms of military service and life goals, and somehow he got number 1! Shouldn't Cheney be up there, he at least aimed high once. He didn't get a bullseye, but he certainly got a hit!


ihategrigris


Dec 30, 2006, 1:01 PM
Post #14 of 51 (1247 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 6, 2005
Posts: 757

Re: [reno] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
Shit.

I was really hoping that they'd replace that Waterford Crystal ball in Times Square with Sadaam.

Nice, loud countdown, with throngs of screaming people, and national TV coverage with Dick Clark rocking to the hits.

Oh, well. Rest in hell, Sadaam.

Wishing anyone, even a bad person death is wrong, immoral and sub-human.

You are a bad, compassionless person.


reno


Dec 30, 2006, 1:40 PM
Post #15 of 51 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2001
Posts: 18283

Re: [ihategrigris] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ihategrigris wrote:
You are a bad, compassionless person.

If you say so.


Partner j_ung


Dec 30, 2006, 1:56 PM
Post #16 of 51 (1241 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [ihategrigris] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ihategrigris wrote:

Wishing anyone, even a bad person death is wrong, immoral and sub-human.

You are a bad, compassionless person.

I don't know if I actively wished him death, but I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it. Are any of us?


reno


Dec 30, 2006, 2:06 PM
Post #17 of 51 (1238 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2001
Posts: 18283

Re: [j_ung] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
I don't know if I actively wished him death, but I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it.

I think that means you're a bad, compasionless person, Jay.

Welcome to the club. We've got jackets, a secret handshake, and membership cards.


shortfatoldguy


Dec 30, 2006, 2:42 PM
Post #18 of 51 (1231 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 3, 2002
Posts: 1694

Re: [reno] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No sleep lost on my part over his death itself. Fuck him. Some anxiety over the political effects. They should've let him sit quietly in a cell going steadily crazier until he croaked. I'm afraid there are a lot of Sunnis really happy about the execution because it'll get their folks keyed up.

What a mess.


coopershawk


Dec 30, 2006, 4:15 PM
Post #19 of 51 (1219 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 23, 2004
Posts: 210

Re: [shortfatoldguy] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Still kind of confused over the whole Saddam-shaking-hands-with-rumsfeld thing...I don't know, call me skeptical but it just seems a little..off? Bush family and Saddam as well..hmmmm. I kind of think bush should be swinging in the gallows right next to old Saddam, but what do I know?
In reply to:


(This post was edited by coopershawk on Dec 30, 2006, 4:16 PM)


curt


Dec 30, 2006, 6:46 PM
Post #20 of 51 (1199 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [shortfatoldguy] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shortfatoldguy wrote:
No sleep lost on my part over his death itself. Fuck him. Some anxiety over the political effects. They should've let him sit quietly in a cell going steadily crazier until he croaked. I'm afraid there are a lot of Sunnis really happy about the execution because it'll get their folks keyed up...

Fortunately, or sadly (depending on your perspective) I doubt Saddam's execution will make one bit of difference in the ongoing violence in Iraq.

Curt


shortfatoldguy


Dec 30, 2006, 9:11 PM
Post #21 of 51 (1172 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 3, 2002
Posts: 1694

Re: [curt] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Fortunately, or sadly (depending on your perspective) I doubt Saddam's execution will make one bit of difference in the ongoing violence in Iraq.

Curt

Who the hell knows. Sadly, at this point I'm just hoping it doesn't get too much worse.


ihategrigris


Dec 30, 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #22 of 51 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 6, 2005
Posts: 757

Re: [reno] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
j_ung wrote:
I don't know if I actively wished him death, but I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it.

I think that means you're a bad, compasionless person, Jay.

Welcome to the club. We've got jackets, a secret handshake, and membership cards.

Naaaa, theres a difference between not caring that he's dead, and celebrating his death. I for one am kind of saddend that he's dead, I think they should have let him sit in a cell for the rest of his days. But then I'm against any form of capital punishment.


dtew


Dec 31, 2006, 1:00 AM
Post #23 of 51 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 19, 2006
Posts: 44

Re: [ihategrigris] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Wishing anyone, even a bad person death is wrong, immoral and sub-human.

You are a bad, compassionless person.

"Bad person" is quite the euphemism when it comes to a compassionless bastard who both ordered and personally took part in torture and mass-murders.

What then about compassion for his victims, and compassion for the victims' family's pain and anguish over the justice that will never truly come about no matter how many times Saddam can be executed, even if that were a technical possibility? Compassion for a nation whose path was forever hijacked by the personal ambitions of a "bad person" who wanted his realm and world his way?

If it was compassion you were interested in, I think there's better recipients than this "bad person".

But back to subject... yeah, "mission accomplished." *rolleyes*


overlord


Dec 31, 2006, 3:03 AM
Post #24 of 51 (1143 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 25, 2002
Posts: 14120

Re: [dtew] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

is it justice or is it revenge?


Partner nate_1979


Dec 31, 2006, 4:09 AM
Post #25 of 51 (1173 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 27, 2005
Posts: 44

Re: [overlord] It is done...(Saddam) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
is it justice or is it revenge?

Eye for an eye, ... Except he got off easier than many of his victims...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook