Dec 30, 2006, 8:37 PM
Post #1 of 1
Registered: May 20, 2005
Some more changes to the forums, based on your feedback and suggestions:
- I have created a new forum called In Memory Of, which we can use as a place to remember and honor our fellow climbers, friends, partners and heroes that have passed away. In the past these threads have mostly resided in the Injuries and Accidents forum. I might move some of the recent ones over. The purpose of the Injuries and Accidents forum is to promote safety in climbing through shared experiences and learning.
- In the Regional Discussions Forum, the location information is now shown for all posts that are linked to a location in the Routes Database.
- I've created a separate page for recent forum posts. Link to it from the front page, or from the forums landing page.
- On forum posts, we now show the country and state/province of the poster.
- Private messages can now be sent directly from forum posts through a shortcut.
- We've added a not safe for work (NSFW) icon to posts that have been flagged as such by the poster.
- I've added a "shortcut" link for non-Internet Explorer users to quickly get the URL of a specific forum post (IE users already had this).
- When composing posts or Private Messages, you can now select a piece of text and then click any of the tag buttons to "wrap" the text in those tags.
(This post was edited by ddt on Jan 2, 2007, 12:01 AM)