First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

overlord

Jan 9, 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #1 of 39 (1682 views)
Shortcut

So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough
Report this Post
Can't Post

No US has to bomb some african countries (well, its just one for now, as far as we know), just to keep things even.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6243459.stm

In reply to:
The US has carried out an air strike against members of a suspected al-Qaeda cell in a village in southern Somalia.

The targets were reported to have been tracked by aerial reconnaissance and then attacked by a US gunship launched from a US military base near Djibouti.

thomasribiere

Jan 9, 2007, 3:29 AM
Post #2 of 39 (1673 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

it's ONLY al-qaeda, and surely some SURGICAL strike...

notapplicable

Jan 9, 2007, 5:03 AM
Post #3 of 39 (1666 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good old Bush is just going back to finish up where Clinton pussied out some years back.

Partner bill

Jan 9, 2007, 5:10 AM
Post #4 of 39 (1662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sure it was a wedding and lots of ponies and puppies were killed......

scrapedape

Jan 9, 2007, 8:43 AM
Post #5 of 39 (1642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Probably a legitimate target that richly deserved it.
But thanks to Bush's catastrophic foolishness and squandering of international goodwill and trust, America no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.
SOME of us saw this coming years ago, but we were shouted down in an orgy of jingoism. Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Oh, and credit also goes to a Congress that prostrated itself before the administration and allowed this trainwreck to occur with barely a peep. Morons.

(This post was edited by scrapedape on Jan 9, 2007, 8:44 AM)

mushroomsamba

Jan 9, 2007, 4:16 PM
Post #6 of 39 (1596 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bill] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bill wrote:
I'm sure it was a wedding and lots of ponies and puppies were killed......

from what I hear GWB eats all the puppies and ponies and surely he has the power to obtain every one on the planet so that he can kill them himself.

no puppie killed in this bombing, I know it

the_pirate

Jan 9, 2007, 7:35 PM
Post #7 of 39 (1587 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mushroomsamba] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If there were any puppies in Somolia they were eaten a long time ago.

The article clearly states that the attacks were carried out based on "credible evidence".

I'm sold.

(This post was edited by the_pirate on Jan 9, 2007, 7:38 PM)

jeremy9876543

Jan 16, 2007, 6:05 PM
Post #8 of 39 (1523 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Good old Bush is just going back to finish up where Clinton pussied out some years back.

I for one have a lot more respect for someone who "pussies out" (I call it deciding not to fight) in a bar fight than I do for an 82 IQ point hick who is missing his front teath from too many bar fights.

nthusiastj

Jan 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #9 of 39 (1483 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeremy9876543] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Unfortunaltely for us about 30% of the US is made up of 82 IQ point hicks.

slablizard

Jan 19, 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #10 of 39 (1480 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nthusiastj] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nthusiastj wrote:

30%? You're WAYYYYYYY Optimist man.

ChuteandClimb

Jan 19, 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #11 of 39 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nthusiastj] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nthusiastj wrote:

It's about 12% of the population that would have an IQ less than 82. Typical estimates indicate that intelligence is spread out evenly amongst all demographics and not restricted to any local, culture (such as the derogatory "hicks" would indicate), race, or religion, rural or urban condition) -

But many of those that don't have constructive input do feel better making cracks about specific demographics - like certain races, vocations, or even "hicks". These individuals would also likely have certain preconceived perceptions about members of other races, and sexes. (for example, of course)

Cumulative Distribution Function
Normal with mean = 100 and standard deviation = 15
x P( X <= x )
82 0.115070

(This post was edited by ChuteandClimb on Jan 19, 2007, 12:20 PM)

reno

Jan 19, 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #12 of 39 (1454 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scrapedape] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:
Oh, and credit also goes to a Congress that prostrated itself before the administration and allowed this trainwreck to occur with barely a peep. Morons.

I'll be sure to forward your sentiment to Sens. Clinton, Kerry, et al.

scrapedape

Jan 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #13 of 39 (1451 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ChuteandClimb] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ChuteandClimb, you have overlooked that fact that most people with half a brain self-select out of hickdom, leaving the remaining hicks with more than their share of stupidity.

scrapedape

Jan 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #14 of 39 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
scrapedape wrote:

Please do. Along with all the other jackasses, D and R both, that were complacent in this. Or had you forgotten that your beloved Republican party was running the show until this month?

jeremy9876543

Jan 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #15 of 39 (1445 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ChuteandClimb] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ChuteandClimb wrote:
nthusiastj wrote:

It's about 12% of the population that would have an IQ less than 82. Typical estimates indicate that intelligence is spread out evenly amongst all demographics and not restricted to any local, culture (such as the derogatory "hicks" would indicate), race, or religion, rural or urban condition) -

But many of those that don't have constructive input do feel better making cracks about specific demographics - like certain races, vocations, or even "hicks". These individuals would also likely have certain preconceived perceptions about members of other races, and sexes. (for example, of course)

x P( X <= x )
82 0.115070

met·a·phor–noun
1. a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.” Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def. 1).
2. something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.
[Origin: 1525–35; < L metaphora < Gk metaphorá a transfer, akin to metaphérein to transfer. See meta-, -phore]

(This post was edited by jeremy9876543 on Jan 19, 2007, 12:46 PM)

jeremy9876543

Jan 19, 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #16 of 39 (1443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:
reno wrote:
scrapedape wrote:

Please do. Along with all the other jackasses, D and R both, that were complacent in this. Or had you forgotten that your beloved Republican party was running the show until this month?

You need to get on board with the Republican spin machine. Their latest decree is that all of the fuck ups are the fault of the Democrats, the evidence given is that the Democrats didn't complain before.

(This post was edited by jeremy9876543 on Jan 19, 2007, 6:59 PM)

jt512

Jan 19, 2007, 1:37 PM
Post #17 of 39 (1429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ChuteandClimb wrote:
Typical estimates indicate that intelligence is spread out evenly amongst all demographics and not restricted to any local, culture (such as the derogatory "hicks" would indicate), race, or religion, rural or urban condition)

Well, there is some data to suggest that non-religious people tend to be more intelligent than religious ones. Some of the studies that found that result are listed here: http://www.huppi.com/...inkingchristians.htm

I haven't read any of those studies, and I would expect that at least some of them to be of low quality.

Within Christianity, I would be surprised if fundamentalist Christians were as intelligent on average as moderate Christians, though I have no data to support this hypothesis.

In reply to:
But many of those that don't have constructive input do feel better making cracks about specific demographics - like certain races, vocations, or even "hicks".

Clearly, intelligence is not uniformly distributed among vocations! Philosophers and scientists, for instance, are certainly more intelligent, on average, than people in most other vocations.

Jay

reno

Jan 19, 2007, 3:23 PM
Post #18 of 39 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:
Or had you forgotten that your beloved Republican party was running the show until this month?

Well, for starters, I ain't Republican.

But nice try.

scrapedape

Jan 19, 2007, 8:44 PM
Post #19 of 39 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
scrapedape wrote:
Or had you forgotten that your beloved Republican party was running the show until this month?

But nice try.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... Tongue

fracture

Jan 19, 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #20 of 39 (1362 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
ChuteandClimb wrote:
Typical estimates indicate that intelligence is spread out evenly amongst all demographics and not restricted to any local, culture (such as the derogatory "hicks" would indicate), race, or religion, rural or urban condition)

Well, there is some data to suggest that non-religious people tend to be more intelligent than religious ones. Some of the studies that found that result are listed here: http://www.huppi.com/...inkingchristians.htm

There are studies correlating IQ with a whole assortment of nifty shit. Guys like Chute just get worked up about it because they don't understand that correlation != causation.

Anyway, I like height, in particular.

(This post was edited by fracture on Jan 19, 2007, 11:42 PM)

sjm915

Jan 19, 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #21 of 39 (1361 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I cant stand what is becoming of the US and it politcal veiws and goals. I cant wait till I move to italy. United States is just a big bully that thinks they can do what ever they want to whom they want.

And I'm prepared to catch some heat.

(This post was edited by sjm915 on Jan 19, 2007, 11:42 PM)

coopershawk

Jan 20, 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #22 of 39 (1354 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sjm915] So i guess Iraq, Afghanistan etc. werent enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not a republican, nor a democrat. I think both those terms imply a level a bullshit that simply isn't compatible with the dire straits this country is in. Neither one of those parties has any viable solution to the shit-storm greed and fear has produced so far. The United States has put its foot way too far in the pile of bullshit propagated by the Bush administration to pull out of either iraq or afghanistan now. To sum it up succinctly, this country is fucked either way. The only thing that could make matters worse is some preemptive strike on iran. In that case, I'm moving to Alaska and taking up flyfishing on the Kenai penninsula so that at least I'll have a few years of enjoyment before some jihadist kills me with a car bomb or a dirty nuke.

overlord

Jan 20, 2007, 1:00 AM
Post #23 of 39 (1343 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ChuteandClimb wrote:
nthusiastj wrote:

x P( X <= x )
82 0.115070

heres a cool video on the subject

looks like the idiots WILL take over, if they havent already.

reno

Jan 20, 2007, 6:56 AM
Post #24 of 39 (1337 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:
reno wrote:

But nice try.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... Tongue

Then please explain my pro-choice, pro-stem cell, pro-environment, and agnostic/non-religious beliefs.

(This post was edited by reno on Jan 20, 2007, 6:57 AM)

tradpuppy

Jan 20, 2007, 9:37 AM
Post #25 of 39 (1316 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
heres a cool video on the subject

looks like the idiots WILL take over, if they havent already.

Clevon Jr. in '12?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook