RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

br

Jan 18, 2007, 7:40 PM
Post #1 of 6 (5940 views)
Shortcut

Woody in Montgomery
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am in the process of building a home gym in Montgomery. It has a roof on the ceiling that is 26 long x 8 wide. That's right a 26 foot dead horizontal roof. It has a 24 foot long traversing wall that is partially vertical and partially 10 degrees overhanging.

Anyway I don't know if there are people who climb in this town, but if you do, you are welcome to train with me.

(This post was edited by br on Jan 19, 2007, 2:14 PM)

jpartridge78

Jan 20, 2007, 8:11 PM
Post #2 of 6 (5908 views)
Shortcut

Re: [br] Woody in Montgomery [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That sounds like one hell of a woody!!!Smile

I don't live in Mont'y, but just down tha road in Troy. I just moved here last Sept. and, so far, your the only person I've heard of that climbs other than ppl in Auburn or B'ham. So in short, Hell Yeah I'll make the drive to do some burns w/ ya!!!

I'm actually in the recovery phase of an elbow tweak (Love those HP40 topouts!!!) but let me know when you wanna get together and climb. I should be good to go in 2 or 3 weeks.

ttyl,
Justin

br

Jan 22, 2007, 2:56 PM
Post #3 of 6 (5882 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jpartridge78] Woody in Montgomery [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool, I just moved here 4 months ago from Idaho. I am usually climbing on the weekends anywhere from Birmingham to Chatty. I have a lot of climbing experience from bouldering to muti-pitch alpine.

My remaining roof holds will be here in a couple of weeks. Right now I'm putting the finishing touchs on the traversing wall. The gym should provide the best pump in Montgomery county. Of course I'm assuming I have the only wall in Montgomery county, which would probably be a safe bet.

Anyway, I am available for climbing, training for climbing, or just talking about climbing

Brian Bernstein
334-207-1083

Lighterknot

Mar 7, 2007, 2:52 AM
Post #4 of 6 (5832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am going to hit you up in the near future, I am stationed at Maxwell and my climbing experience is very small and very out of date. As soon as I got into it I moved to Nebraska and couldn't find anything local. After that I moved here and never got around to checking into until a friend found this site on Google the other day. Have you been out to Coosa Slabs? I went out there today and checked it out, and I can't tell exactly where people are climbing at. I did get some pretty nice pictures though.
Chad

asiaclimber

Nov 7, 2013, 3:14 AM
Post #5 of 6 (5630 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do any of you guys still live in Montgomery? Looking for partners...

timbyds

Oct 5, 2014, 2:50 AM
Post #6 of 6 (5044 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi. I am coming to Nashville and would love to get a bit of climbing in 23rd - 27th October. Am very fit 57 year old Australian 30 + years of climbing trad and sport - comfortable up to 5:10 B or C - have never done a forum like this but would be keen to climb on any and all rocks for that time
Tim Carroll timbyds@yahoo.com.au

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook