First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

slablizard

Jan 22, 2007, 3:17 PM
Post #1 of 125 (2429 views)
Shortcut

I'm in and I'm in to win
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hillary says...what do you think? A turning point in US political history?

Darn I know, this should go in the soap box

sorr-ey!

(This post was edited by slablizard on Jan 22, 2007, 3:38 PM)

mushroomsamba

Jan 22, 2007, 5:31 PM
Post #2 of 125 (2387 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slablizard] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

god I hope she dosn't win. she's a commie and a scary lesbian "actually I think she has a penis"Shocked

carabiner96

Jan 22, 2007, 6:19 PM
Post #3 of 125 (2375 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mushroomsamba] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow. What an argument. Clearly, because of the above stated, I'm voting for the other guy.

Not.

Partner brent_e

Jan 22, 2007, 6:25 PM
Post #4 of 125 (2371 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Wow. What an argument. Clearly, because of the above stated, I'm voting for the other guy.

Not.

you a commie, too???

carabiner96

Jan 22, 2007, 6:40 PM
Post #5 of 125 (2365 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Not.

you a commie, too???

Nope, I'm the scary lesbian.

Fuckin' commies.

Partner bear829

Jan 22, 2007, 9:21 PM
Post #6 of 125 (2336 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If she wins, I'm moving to a different country. She's fucked up New York something awful. I'm not interested to see what is going to happen when she gets in control of the whole damn country.

billcoe_

Jan 22, 2007, 9:42 PM
Post #7 of 125 (2330 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bear829] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bear829 wrote:
If she wins, I'm moving to a different country. She's fucked up New York something awful. I'm not interested to see what is going to happen when she gets in control of the whole damn country.

What specifically are you refering to, the rest of us from other places do not know.

Partner bear829

Jan 22, 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #8 of 125 (2326 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Um, taxes went from 7% to 8.75%. Its not fun. She's messing with things and I know that she's going to go nuts with all the power she'll have with the president title.

blondgecko

Jan 22, 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #9 of 125 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bear829 wrote:
Um, taxes went from 7% to 8.75%. Its not fun. She's messing with things and I know that she's going to go nuts with all the power she'll have with the president title.

What, that's it?

snoopy138

Jan 22, 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #10 of 125 (2321 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bear829 wrote:

Isn't this something done at the state government level? "Taxes" are also not very specific, there are a lot of different taxes.

miademus

Jan 23, 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #11 of 125 (2320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...damn am i glad not being in your pos.

wjca

Jan 23, 2007, 6:12 AM
Post #12 of 125 (2298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [miademus] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I heard something interesting on the radio last night. Bill Clinton is making money hand over fist from all sorts of foreign sources. All of the money is going into his and Hillary's personal, joint checking account (to the tune of $20 Million +/-). Being a joint account and there being no limit as to gifts made to a spouse, this is also Hillary's money. Politicians are able to spend unlimited amounts of their own personal funds during their campaign. So effectively, Bill have raised millions for Hillary's campaign from numerous sources, some of which may be considered a bit dogdey for a Presidential campaign.

I haven't made up my mind about her, but I would be very curious as to what Bill would do as first gentlemen or first pimp, whatever you'd call him.

scrapedape

Jan 23, 2007, 6:50 AM
Post #13 of 125 (2287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bear829 wrote:

How do you manage to blame one US Senator for raising taxes in your state? Regardless, as president she would not have the authority to raise taxes.

mushroomsamba wrote:
actually I think she has a penis

Well then, she should be all but assured of the job.

themadmilkman

Jan 23, 2007, 6:51 AM
Post #14 of 125 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bear829 wrote:

Seriously... she's a U.S. SENATOR. She has NOTHING to do with your state taxes. She may have an opinion and some influence, but she has no vote. Please place the blame where it's due, with your state legislature.

Partner j_ung

Jan 23, 2007, 7:21 AM
Post #15 of 125 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bear829 wrote:

How does a US Senator affect state sales taxes?

Partner j_ung

Jan 23, 2007, 7:25 AM
Post #16 of 125 (2271 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
I heard something interesting on the radio last night. Bill Clinton is making money hand over fist from all sorts of foreign sources. All of the money is going into his and Hillary's personal, joint checking account (to the tune of $20 Million +/-). Being a joint account and there being no limit as to gifts made to a spouse, this is also Hillary's money. Politicians are able to spend unlimited amounts of their own personal funds during their campaign. So effectively, Bill have raised millions for Hillary's campaign from numerous sources, some of which may be considered a bit dogdey for a Presidential campaign.

I haven't made up my mind about her, but I would be very curious as to what Bill would do as first gentlemen or first pimp, whatever you'd call him.

She's also soliciting funds on her website, so it looks like the dream of public financing is effectively dead for at least another four years. Her centrist bent is attractive to me, but she's obviously a "player," which is unattractive to me. Given all of the announced and (as-yet) unannounced candidates in the field... I honestly don't know who I would vote for right now. I've never voted Republican in a presidential race, but to borrow a little rhetoric from the administration, all options are on the table.

(This post was edited by j_ung on Jan 23, 2007, 7:27 AM)

dingus

Jan 23, 2007, 7:32 AM
Post #17 of 125 (2263 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bear829 wrote:

You may want to start with your governor and state legislature on that one.

DMT

rhaig

Jan 23, 2007, 7:32 AM
Post #18 of 125 (2260 views)
Shortcut

Re: [slablizard] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not going to call her a flip-flop because I always thought that was a stupid term, but she always seems to have the opinion of whomever she's around or is popular at the moment. I can't cite specifics, just the impression I've gotten from news in the past years.

So the Dems have a bad candidate, time for the Reps to come up with a bad one so it can be like all the other elections. "Which sucks less?"

ChuteandClimb

Jan 23, 2007, 7:36 AM
Post #19 of 125 (2259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How long has it been that a senator or rep has won the presidency? Kennedy? Usually, the VP or a governor has, as it is an executive position needing executive experience.

Hillary has had ONE chance at an executive level responsibility in government - I'd count a cabinet-equivalent assignment under her husband for the Nat Health Care initiative.

She completely botched it up. She refused to discuss the issue from both sides. She assumed the justifications were "obvious" so she couldn't achieve any kind of consensus as she only "preached to the converted" but didn't communicate or convince any opposition. It was abysmal.

She will breed more division, instead of bringing moderates of opposite parties together. We've had plenty of that.

She seems to be developing into a decent senator, though I'm not a fan of her. But a presidential bid is not a good fit at all. Her winning would be strictly a PR win, not a substantive vote by knowledgable citizens.

Right now, mostly senators are coming out of the woodwork. The real candidates will come out in about 6 months. I'd like to see Colin Powell, personally, but he's too smart to go after it.

I'd love to see a mixed government:

Legislative - split the congress - reps in the senate, dems in the house. Nothing will get passed unless it's absolutely important. Partisan bills will be minimized

Exec - Libertarian Pres - If something gets on his desk, he'll guard the budget

Judicial - VERY conservative bench (conservative in the traditional sense, I don't mean right wing). They guard the constitution and completely avoid any kind of activism either lefty or righty. If a law can be abused, they send it back to congress for rewrite, instead of "interpret it" to an agenda.

ChuteandClimb

Jan 23, 2007, 7:37 AM
Post #20 of 125 (2255 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhaig] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rhaig wrote:
I'm not going to call her a flip-flop because I always thought that was a stupid term, but she always seems to have the opinion of whomever she's around or is popular at the moment.

That's not "flip-flop", that's called "pandering". It's what pissed me off about the republicans last election. Kerry didn't flip flop, he pandered. They need to get that right.

Partner bill

Jan 23, 2007, 7:39 AM
Post #21 of 125 (2253 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhaig] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SNL fired both barrels at Hillary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH49pKxKWes

dingus

Jan 23, 2007, 7:40 AM
Post #22 of 125 (2251 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If Obama joins her ticket as VP you are looking at the next president of the United States.

Good day.
DMT

Partner j_ung

Jan 23, 2007, 7:43 AM
Post #23 of 125 (2245 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ChuteandClimb] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ChuteandClimb wrote:
She will breed more division, instead of bringing moderates of opposite parties together. We've had plenty of that.

Aye, good point. Though she and Bill are certainly of the centrist wing of the Democratic party, she's a polarizing figure by nature of his political woes. It's a simple truth: Republicans love to hate Clintons.

ChuteandClimb

Jan 23, 2007, 7:51 AM
Post #24 of 125 (2238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bill] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bill wrote:
SNL fired both barrels at Hillary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH49pKxKWes

Well, SNL has always been tools of the religious right.

frodolf

Jan 23, 2007, 8:18 AM
Post #25 of 125 (2226 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] I'm in and I'm in to win [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I seriously don't get it, what's wrong with her? She raises (or not) some taxes in NY, and the funding of her campaign is... what, irregular? In what way is campaign money useally raised, in what way is she "supposed" to raise the funds?

I'm not an american so I can't vote in America (duh!) but I try to follow what's happening in the world, and I can say that if the american people vote republican again, the rest of the world will laugh at you. We Will Laugh At You. In between pitying you. In between being scared to death.

But you shouldn't care what the rest of the world thinks, you should think for yourselfs. America is the only superpower in the world, and the whole world, even though most of us can't vote, is still stuck infront of the tv's when you have and election, and the outcome of your elections truely concerns the entire world. But if there is one thing i've come to realize about world politics it's that america can't be changed from the outside, at least not for the better, the changes must come from the inside, from the american people themeselfs.

And if you think no changes is needed, then it's your call, but the rest of us will piss our pants. And laugh. LaughUnsure

Yes, the world is quite ambivalent Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook