Sounds more like Halliburton is supporting Soros Tongue

petsfed

Mar 2, 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #4 of 11 (1183 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] Soros, supporting Haliburton? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you want a sure thing, stock wise, put your money on Halliburton, or one of the little oil companies it does work for. No joke, if you have a friend in a two or three well company and he says "we're drilling next week", then now's a good time to buy, and in two weeks time is a good time to sell. The stock price sky rockets after each well is drilled.

Take it from me, the process of making a lot of money is linked, inexorably, with doing "evil" things. If I was to put together a sure thing stock portfolio, it'd be Walmart, Halliburton, Home Depot, and Microsoft. Over the long term, those 4 will always see stock prices go up.

curt

Mar 3, 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #5 of 11 (1170 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] Soros, supporting Haliburton? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://dir.salon.com/...evil_fund/index.html

Curt

winkwinklambonini

Mar 3, 2007, 3:32 PM
Post #6 of 11 (1160 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
If you want a sure thing, stock wise, put your money on Halliburton, or one of the little oil companies it does work for. No joke, if you have a friend in a two or three well company and he says "we're drilling next week", then now's a good time to buy, and in two weeks time is a good time to sell. The stock price sky rockets after each well is drilled.

Take it from me, the process of making a lot of money is linked, inexorably, with doing "evil" things. If I was to put together a sure thing stock portfolio, it'd be Walmart, Halliburton, Home Depot, and Microsoft. Over the long term, those 4 will always see stock prices go up.

Or you could go with renewable energy....Cool Angelic

collegekid

Mar 4, 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #7 of 11 (1150 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:

Know what I would do if I was that wealthy? I'd buy out as much stock in Halliburton as possible, then sell it when it was low to drive down their value. Hopefully that would make the company go down.

Of course, this is why I am not wealthy (that, and I am 23 years old and still in school).

reno

Mar 4, 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #8 of 11 (1149 views)
Shortcut

Re: [collegekid] Soros, supporting Haliburton? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

collegekid wrote:
Know what I would do if I was that wealthy? I'd buy out as much stock in Halliburton as possible, then sell it when it was low to drive down their value. Hopefully that would make the company go down.

You don't do much investment banking, do you?

petsfed

Mar 4, 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #9 of 11 (1132 views)
Shortcut

Re: [collegekid] Soros, supporting Haliburton? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

collegekid wrote:

Of course, this is why I am not wealthy (that, and I am 23 years old and still in school).

No single person is that rich. Sorry. Couple that with the fact that Halliburton is an oil-field service company, so long as there is oil or natural gas to be extracted, they will stay in business. And the company has proven itself flexible enough that should we suddenly find another energy source, they'll find a way to support that industry instead. Needs lithium? They'll be on top of the lithium extraction business. Its just the way that company works.

In any event, most companies don't live and die solely on stock price. Its a good indicator of the health of a company, but I guarantee that even if Halliburton stock tanks, so long as the Exxons and the Shells and the BPs of the world keep paying them to do the shit part of oil/gas extraction, Halliburton will stay in business.

Your strategy, while clever, will only cause the company to stop being a publicly traded company, and the last thing I want is a juggernaut like Halliburton to become opaque to legal scrutiny as granted by the FTC.

scrapedape

Mar 5, 2007, 6:48 AM
Post #10 of 11 (1122 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

FTC or SEC, petsfed?

However, George Soros is the man who broke the Bank of England... maybe he is up to something.

Maybe not.

petsfed

Mar 5, 2007, 1:18 PM
Post #11 of 11 (1102 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scrapedape] Soros, supporting Haliburton? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, you're right. They're all three-letter acronyms anyway.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook