Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Thailand in June
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

autumngirl

Jan 1, 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1663 views)
Shortcut

Thailand in June  (Asia: Thailand: Southern_Provinces)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll be in SE Asia for June/July and am curious as to whether the monsoon conditions will hinder my climbing ambitions. I only plan on being in the Krabi area for a week or so - do you think I'll get rained out? I'm thinking I'll just bring my shoes and rent other gear so I don't have to haul my rope/draws/harness across the world. Any thoughts?

w_weezer

Jan 1, 2007, 1:31 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1658 views)
Shortcut

Re: [autumngirl] Thailand in June [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, i was there the last two weeks of may last year. It rained on me the first four days, but after that it was sunny and beautiful. Even on the rainy days though, you can find over hanging walls to climb on, and it isn't raining all day, it comes and goes. So it isn't that bad. And there was still alot more sun than there was rain. I think it's a great time of year to go. THe prices are as cheap as they are gonna get. you pretty much are alone, there are other climbers there, but not a whole lot. I wen't by myself and only brought shoes. Hooking up with people to climb was never a problem, and i rented a harness for like three bucks a day or something around that,
yeah, it's awsome over there, have fun.

eddie_munster

Jan 1, 2007, 6:21 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1649 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

some people like krabi more in the summer b/c it is cheaper, less crowded, and only a bit warmer than the winter. It only rains for an hour or so a day, and drys out quickly.

also, ko tao is on the opposite monsoon season, so would be dryer if you like bouldering.

in any case try not to get beheaded...

wmfork

Jan 10, 2007, 7:27 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1612 views)
Shortcut

Re: [w_weezer] Thailand in June [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah Will, we climbed a little together, with my friend Talia, remember? Didn't know you injured your arm before Thailand. Good times anyway.

Shumin

Frank181

Mar 9, 2007, 6:55 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1502 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was in the south of Thailand (Satun) from the end of March till middle of May of 2006 and towards the end of my trip it would downpour in the afternoon consistently everyday but it was always so hot that everything dried up fast. Enjoy the food!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook