Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Rope found on Machete Ridge at Pinnacles
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

pylot

Mar 12, 2007, 4:25 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3205 views)
Shortcut

Rope found on Machete Ridge at Pinnacles  (North_America: United_States: California: Central_California_Coast: Pinnacles_National_Monument)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This weekend I found a piece of climbing rope on the Machete Ridge (Old Original) at Pinnacles. Looks like someone forgot to untie the rappel know and the rope got stuck. If you're the owner (or know someone epicing at Pinacles recently) let me know color/brand/lenght. The rope still looks good.

majid_sabet

Mar 12, 2007, 8:46 PM
Post #2 of 9 (3181 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pylot] Rope found on Machete Ridge at Pinnacles [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you should never do that

altelis

Mar 12, 2007, 9:24 PM
Post #3 of 9 (3161 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Rope found on Machete Ridge at Pinnacles [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
you should never do that

NO-----you should never do THAT!

and by that i mean a useless unqualified piece of *$(%&(*#&$ reply to a perfectly legit post-----

i can think of at least 4 seperate and perfectly safe uses for that rope (and 3 involve climbing)

just because you're scared to death of this sport and can't rationalize anything doesn't mean we all can't

majid_sabet

Mar 12, 2007, 9:57 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3140 views)
Shortcut

Re: [altelis] Rope found on Machete Ridge at Pinnacles [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

altelis wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
you should never do that

NO-----you should never do THAT!

and by that i mean a useless unqualified piece of *$(%&(*#&$ reply to a perfectly legit post-----

i can think of at least 4 seperate and perfectly safe uses for that rope (and 3 involve climbing)

just because you're scared to death of this sport and can't rationalize anything doesn't mean we all can't

One day , you will realized that you just took another climber's rope who his life is hanging on the fu*king ledge and due to your stupid action ,he can not rap down and you are too fu8king far to climb back up causing a major wall rescue.

There are other reasons why that rope is out there and if it does not belong to you, DO NOT TAKE IT.

summerprophet

Mar 12, 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3128 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Majid,
If you are going to take the time to place a post, atleast take the time to make it sensible for the rest of us. "You should not do that is pretty *%$#*ing vague. You shouldn't what? Shouldn't find gear? Shouldn't be climbing Machete ridge? Shouldn't untie the knot at the end of the rope? Shouldn't get the rope stuck? Or shouldn't tell the OP if you are the owner.

Judging by your profile, you have neither the experience or the mindset to be telling others what they should and should not do at their local climbing areas.

Oh, and by the way, the stand taken by the Pannacles national monument is that gear should not be left for more than 24 hours otherwise IT SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN. Seeing as machete ridge takes a fair amount of time to do, I would have taken it down myself. It was awefully nice of the OP to have posted the found rope here though.

I have tolerated your inane posts thus far, and have given you the benefit of the doubt, hell, I imagine I have had a few less than brilliant posts myself, but when every single one is brainless drivel it gets awfully old.

Let go of the freaking keyboard and actually go and get some experience before you tell every person on here how to behave.

(Hell yeah, I am in a pissy mood, it's Monday and I am stuck inside)

(This post was edited by summerprophet on Mar 12, 2007, 10:34 PM)

majid_sabet

Mar 12, 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #6 of 9 (3112 views)
Shortcut

Re: [summerprophet] Rope found on Machete Ridge at Pinnacles [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

summerprophet

You are right, I had a bad monday but

DO NOT TAKE THAT ROPE AGAIN

summerprophet

Mar 12, 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #7 of 9 (3098 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Majid,
Did you read the above post?
If reading isn't your strong suit, let me highlight the main points for you.

"You have neither the experience or the mindset to be telling others what they should do"

The stand taken by the Pinnacles national monument is that gear should not be left for more than 24 hours otherwise IT SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN."

Let go of the freaking keyboard and actually go and get some experience before you tell every person on here how to behave.

Forfucksakes man, a lame ass brainless reply pisses me off just as much as a lame ass post.

Is this your Fu<king rope? If so be glad to know where to pick it up from. If it isn't then just shut the fu<k up.

I feel bad for you catching all this negative flack, for all I know you are a great guy to climb with, but for god sakes the shit you write is just verbal diarrea.

Do you regularly leave your rope halfway up a six pitch route with a big freaking knot jammed into the hangers? If so, I will take your own advice and will leave it (and you) up there.

(This post was edited by summerprophet on Mar 12, 2007, 11:17 PM)

majid_sabet

Mar 13, 2007, 3:39 AM
Post #8 of 9 (3058 views)
Shortcut

Re: [summerprophet] Rope found on Machete Ridge at Pinnacles [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

summerprophet

check your PM

knieveltech

Mar 13, 2007, 3:54 AM
Post #9 of 9 (3048 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:

summerprophet

You are right, I had a bad monday but

DO NOT TAKE THAT ROPE AGAIN

So you're saying if someone else manages to get the rope in question stuck a second time then it should be left in place? Crazy

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook