Partner tattooed_climber

Mar 13, 2007, 8:53 AM
Post #1 of 13 (329 views)
Shortcut

Bad Omens
Report this Post
Can't Post

cus i sure fucking believe in them

Bad Omen #1....ACDC Thunder struck...,..4 people in my circle of friends have blown an engine while listening to this song, including myself

Bad Omen #2....SAR helicopters flying over squamish

Bad Omen #3....breaking a Guitar string...first time, gf cheated on me....broke one last night, now my fuel pump is dead in my truck

i have more, but i'm fucking pissed right now...gotta get my truck towed.....at least i'm callin in a favour with my bro-in-laws cousin....he's just charging his cost for a fuel pump..no labour...thats cheaper than if i did it myself....this is the first time i'm getting "professional" work on my truck even though i swore it off due to shitty mechanics work (this is why he owns me)

tow truck will be here in an hour (free at least, thank you BCAA....) too early to start drinking?????

(This post was edited by tattooed_climber on Mar 13, 2007, 8:59 AM)

devils_advocate

Mar 13, 2007, 8:58 AM
Post #2 of 13 (322 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tattooed_climber] Bad Omens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Might want to quit guitar... cause you'll break a lot more than two if you keep playing. Or you can just drop the superstitions.

granite_grrl

Mar 13, 2007, 8:59 AM
Post #3 of 13 (319 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tattooed_climber wrote:

Bad Omen #1....ACDC Thunder stuck...,..4 people in my circle of friends have blown an engine while listening to this song, including myself

Bad Omen #3....breaking a Guitar string...first time, gf cheated on me....broke one last night, now my fuel pump is dead in my truck

i have more, but i'm fucking pissed right now...gotta get my truck towed.....at least i'm callin in a favour with my bro-in-laws cousin....he's just charging his cost for a fuel pump..no labour...thats cheaper than if i did it myself....this is the first time i'm getting "professional" work on my truck even though i swore it off due to shitty mechanics work (this is why he owns me)

tow truck will be here in an hour (free at least, thank you BCAA....) too early to start drinking?????

So let me get this strait: you get your car fixed for the price of a fuel pump and you're not even paying for the tow. I'm assuming you're not even stranded 'cause you're posting on the internet.....sorry, your sob story just isn't pulling at the heart strings.

Partner tattooed_climber

Mar 13, 2007, 9:03 AM
Post #4 of 13 (316 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devils_advocate] Bad Omens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ya true.....i only broke one last night cus i had to restring it to get the strings back under the neck clamp, and the string popped off from that brass ball

humm....i should have explained more.....breaking a string while re-tuning, settingup, restringing is a bad omen.....breaking 3 at once while shreading is a good omen......the knarley factor dictates if its a good or bad omen

Partner tattooed_climber

Mar 13, 2007, 9:09 AM
Post #5 of 13 (308 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Bad Omens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

last time i listened to thunderstruck

ya, i know that huge, tragic, pain in the ass, epic climbing roadtrip ending with a 800 buck towing bill and a dead engine...

so granite girly, ya...this time its not as bad, true...

yay community you peoples rock...so cool and awesome....so supportive

you're all heros in my book

bizarrodrinker

Mar 13, 2007, 9:10 AM
Post #6 of 13 (305 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not so much a bad omen as unlucky.

At least your not as stupid as I am. I was messing around with my bass cause it stopped working while I was playing it. I got as far as taking the back off to check the battery in the pick-up before I realized that the chord was only half in the in-put on the head. Time to lay of the tweed I suppose.

Partner tattooed_climber

Mar 13, 2007, 9:16 AM
Post #7 of 13 (303 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Bad Omens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
Not so much a bad omen as unlucky.

At least your not as stupid as I am. I was messing around with my bass cause it stopped working while I was playing it. I got as far as taking the back off to check the battery in the pick-up before I realized that the chord was only half in the in-put on the head. Time to lay of the tweed I suppose.

heheheheh, i had a buddy who almost smashed his guitar in a similar situation.....he was on stage his this band he's paid to play in.....jamming,....jamming...jammming...bass goes dead.....he freaks, starts slapping it.....all pissed, boots a PA, and startes to do an axe swing, then he sees the cable popped out.....

funny as fuck since i was sitting in the balcony at the club and i knew exactly what he was doing...

Partner wideguy

Mar 13, 2007, 9:45 AM
Post #8 of 13 (291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tattooed_climber wrote:

Bad Omen #1....ACDC Thunder struck...,..4 people in my circle of friends have blown an engine while listening to this song, including myself

Sure this one isn't more cause and effect than bad omen. Like, is it Golden Earring's fault I get a ticket nearly every time I listen to "Radar Love?"

Is it possiblethat you and your friends just drove a little more agro during Thunderstruck.?

bizarrodrinker

Mar 13, 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #9 of 13 (277 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] Bad Omens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:

Is it possiblethat you and your friends just drove a little more agro during Thunderstruck.?

Only if they realized the radio was broken and they couldn't change the station.

I'd be aggravated too if I had to listen to AC/DC.

Partner j_ung

Mar 13, 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #10 of 13 (265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tattooed_climber wrote:

Perhaps it's just your taste in women and trucks. Tongue

rushgirl

Mar 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #11 of 13 (263 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] Bad Omens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
tattooed_climber wrote:

Sure this one isn't more cause and effect than bad omen. Like, is it Golden Earring's fault I get a ticket nearly every time I listen to "Radar Love?"

Oh, Radar Love! Yeah, my hubby has the same probelm with that song. Or, well he used to. He and his buddies used to race to Atlantic City every time they heard that song. Just drop everything and go. I guess that song would be a bad omen for me becuase I knew he was going to lose money.Unsure

devils_advocate

Mar 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #12 of 13 (258 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Bad Omens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
At least your not as stupid as I am. I was messing around with my bass ...

Now snapping Bass strings is a whole different situation, those things are down right dangerous when then fly off.

bizarrodrinker

Mar 13, 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #13 of 13 (251 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devils_advocate] Bad Omens [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:
At least your not as stupid as I am. I was messing around with my bass ...

Now snapping Bass strings is a whole different situation, those things are down right dangerous when then fly off.

For sure.

(This post was edited by bizarrodrinker on Mar 13, 2007, 11:01 AM)

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$17.95 (10% off)
$107.96 (10% off)
$40.46 (10% off)
$53.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook