RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

Opossum

Mar 9, 2007, 5:44 PM
Post #1 of 10 (539 views)
Shortcut

Philly-'burb newbie looking for partner/help
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I live right outside of Philly (45min by SEPTA to get to Center City), I'm new to the sport but very interested in learning and I'm a quick learner.

I'm up for anything really, I'd be happy to just tag along and learn by watching. Bouldering is all I'm experienced with thus far (but not by much!), but I'd be happy to do anything you'd be comfortable with.

niccast

Mar 16, 2007, 6:48 PM
Post #2 of 10 (503 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Opossum] Philly-'burb newbie looking for partner/help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Where outside Philly? Do you have a car? I've found PRG to be very friendly and easier to just go and find partners than Go Vertical. It also has an extensive bouldering wall. PRG is near King of Prussia northwest of Philly. If you don't live that way/don't have transportation, then there is a Yahoo email group for go vertical and you could probably find climbing partners by joining the group. It's "govertical". If you are interested in PRG, drop me a line.

dylan1

Mar 19, 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #3 of 10 (491 views)
Shortcut

Re: [niccast] Philly-'burb newbie looking for partner/help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

check the climbing area yahoo group it has over 200 members from the phila, n.j, del. area...we climb mostly indoors at go vertical and a bunch of outdoor climbing at the gunks, seneca, birdsboro, etc..the group can be found at govertical@yahoogroups.com

Opossum

Mar 19, 2007, 1:57 PM
Post #4 of 10 (477 views)
Shortcut

Re: [niccast] Philly-'burb newbie looking for partner/help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Haverford, right by Ardmore if you know where that is. Sadly, I don't have a car, but SEPTA seems to do the job for me well enough. I'm having a hard time getting to PRG using it, though. I know that there's a bus that goes to it, but I've yet to find it. I prefer it to Go Vertical 'cause of the nicer staff and cheaper rates, so I'm definetly going to do all I can to get up there.

Should I be able to get up there, would you be interested in showing me the ropes? (Lame pun intended)

(This post was edited by Opossum on Mar 19, 2007, 2:02 PM)

niccast

Mar 20, 2007, 2:19 PM
Post #5 of 10 (462 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Opossum - my friends and I climb at PRG on Tuesdays and Thursdays from around 7 until closing(come April I'll only be there on Thursdays...but my friends don't bite ;). Any of us can get you in for free (members are allowed 2 guest passes per month) and would be happy to "show you the ropes". If you know when you'll be coming, drop me a line and I'll keep an eye out for you.
-Nicole

bizarrodrinker

Mar 20, 2007, 6:22 PM
Post #6 of 10 (455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you are trying to go outside, I will be around for a couple more weeks before hittin the road.

I climb at Haycock a lot so if ya want you can take the train to Doylestown or Lansdale, and I may be able to pick ya up on the way.

The only catch is its bouldering, and quite a frustrating place to learn i.e. muscle doesn't go nearly as far as solid technique so many are turned off by it.

Opossum

Mar 26, 2007, 2:08 PM
Post #7 of 10 (436 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Philly-'burb newbie looking for partner/help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

About how long are you planning on being around?

I'm definetly up for bouldering, although I think it's safe to say I've got little to no real technique. I'm not easily discouraged though, so if you'd be able to help and don't mind dealing with my skills, I'd be glad to learn (and I'm a fast learner.)

bizarrodrinker

Mar 26, 2007, 2:11 PM
Post #8 of 10 (434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Opossum wrote:
About how long are you planning on being around?

I'm definetly up for bouldering, although I think it's safe to say I've got little to no real technique. I'm not easily discouraged though, so if you'd be able to help and don't mind dealing with my skills, I'd be glad to learn (and I'm a fast learner.)

I am out April 20th and will probably be back early July. I will be making a couple of trips to the cock between now and then to do some circuit training so if you want to come I will basically be doing a whole lot of area classics, and some personal favorites. Hopefully it won't rain next weekend. But it is getting to the point where its light enough for after work sessions.

Opossum

Mar 28, 2007, 1:43 PM
Post #9 of 10 (418 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Philly-'burb newbie looking for partner/help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That sounds pretty cool, what area(s) would those be around? If I can find a way to get to them, I'd be happy to tag along.

bizarrodrinker

Mar 28, 2007, 3:28 PM
Post #10 of 10 (414 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I meant the Haycock classics. Not sure about during the week as I usually go in approach shoes with no pad, but weekends I would be happy to meet up. I hope to get out this weekend before temps get too rediculous.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook